Singapore Expats Forum

They want to see me...

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sgmate
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2014

They want to see me...

Postby sgmate » Fri, 14 Nov 2014 3:56 am

Hey all.

So my wife and I are currently staying in US. My wife is a Singaporean and works for the SG govt. I myself am a US citizen and currently not working. We've married in Singapore over a year ago. Wife's pregnant and expecting to give birth next year. Ideally, we're hoping to move to SG in several months and, if all goes well with the paperwork, find a job, buy an apartment, and start a family.

We applied for PR, and after a long wait (way over a year),finally received a letter asking me to come in. We called them up and they said it's a 3 hour session. Yikes.

I'd just like to know what kind of topics they're planning to discuss so I can prepare better. Do they need things like marriage cert, etc..? Also, since I'll be flying there from US, will 1 week be enough for me to settle all matters or do they normally request follow ups afterwards?

Thanks for any help.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: They want to see me...

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 14 Nov 2014 11:43 am

sgmate wrote:Hey all.

So my wife and I are currently staying in US. My wife is a Singaporean and works for the SG govt. I myself am a US citizen and currently not working. We've married in Singapore over a year ago. Wife's pregnant and expecting to give birth next year. Ideally, we're hoping to move to SG in several months and, if all goes well with the paperwork, find a job, buy an apartment, and start a family.

We applied for PR, and after a long wait (way over a year),finally received a letter asking me to come in. We called them up and they said it's a 3 hour session. Yikes.

I'd just like to know what kind of topics they're planning to discuss so I can prepare better. Do they need things like marriage cert, etc..? Also, since I'll be flying there from US, will 1 week be enough for me to settle all matters or do they normally request follow ups afterwards?

Thanks for any help.



Please refer to the below link

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=151 (Spouse/Child of a SC/SPR)

I am assuming that you are applying for PR through the option of spouse of a citizen and have not got it approved yet.

sgmate
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2014

Re: They want to see me...

Postby sgmate » Fri, 14 Nov 2014 11:49 am

singaporeflyer wrote:Please refer to the below link

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=151 (Spouse/Child of a Singapore Citizenship/SPR)

I am assuming that you are applying for PR through the option of spouse of a citizen and have not got it approved yet.


Yes, that's correct.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: They want to see me...

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 14 Nov 2014 12:52 pm

sgmate wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:Please refer to the below link

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=151 (Spouse/Child of a Singapore Citizenship/SPR)

I am assuming that you are applying for PR through the option of spouse of a citizen and have not got it approved yet.


Yes, that's correct.


If it is just a PR application submission,all documents that they would ask for are listed in the URL above.

sgmate
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2014

Re: They want to see me...

Postby sgmate » Fri, 14 Nov 2014 1:01 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:If it is just a PR application submission,all documents that they would ask for are listed in the URL above.


Oh, I see. I guess I'm set then.

Any idea what they plan on talking to me about for 3 hours?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: They want to see me...

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 14 Nov 2014 1:36 pm

sgmate wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:If it is just a PR application submission,all documents that they would ask for are listed in the URL above.


Oh, I see. I guess I'm set then.

Any idea what they plan on talking to me about for 3 hours?

Not sure, as if you go at your allotted e-appointment time, usually it would take a maximum of 1 hour for the application submission. It is pretty fast.

User avatar
Sergei82
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1455
Joined: Mon, 02 Nov 2009

Re: They want to see me...

Postby Sergei82 » Fri, 14 Nov 2014 1:40 pm

They just take documents, they don't talk. The only thing they can talk about is you missed some of the documents or some originals needed.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: They want to see me...

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 14 Nov 2014 2:24 pm

Sergei82 wrote:They just take documents, they don't talk. The only thing they can talk about is you missed some of the documents or some originals needed.


pretty much that's it, from what I know

And they may ask you to photocopy some documents they are interested in, but which you hadn't copied, and they will wait for you to return back

Ah, the the slots are bit vague

1-3 PM means, you must get your queue number before 1, but your number may be called any time between 1 to 3 !!

And the usual disclaimer, that queue number may not appear in sequence applies

SGlover
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue, 15 Oct 2013

Re: They want to see me...

Postby SGlover » Thu, 04 Dec 2014 8:48 pm

When are you planning to see?

SGlover
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue, 15 Oct 2013

Re: They want to see me...

Postby SGlover » Mon, 15 Dec 2014 7:52 pm

Have you seem them already?

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5767
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Re: They want to see me...

Postby PNGMK » Mon, 15 Dec 2014 9:40 pm

SGlover wrote:Have you seem them already?



Having that info won't help you.
IANAL. IANACPA. IANA Teacher.
Arrested? Lawyer Up
International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
School advice? Avoid for profit schools
Tax advice? CPA
Pay me $5k for 100% success filling in PR form!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest