Singapore Expats Forum

Anyone up for racing / go-karting?

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
Sushigal

Anyone up for racing / go-karting?

Postby Sushigal » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 2:29 pm

Hi, do reply in this thread if anyone is interested.
looking for some new friends too!

JustSee
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Anyone up for racing / go-karting?

Postby JustSee » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 2:51 pm

Interested!

Sushigal

Postby Sushigal » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 2:55 pm

JustSee wrote:Interested!

Hello! But i must clarify first ah, mine is not going down to track / circuit hor.
Just get to know a place that provides simulator for racing and go-kart.
So wanna ask if anyone is interested in heading down with me.
You want? :P

* i can't expose the shop's name or anything right? or else my comment/post will be removed *

JustSee
Chatter
Chatter

Postby JustSee » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 3:07 pm

-_- simulators are no fun.
Besides, can't you find simulators at any game arcade?

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 3:21 pm

I'm up for it!

But the one I know of is the one near Science Park and that cost 100 bux or something. Anything cheaper?

EDIT:

Wait, simulator???? Lame.....
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 3:35 pm

Akimbo wrote:Wait, simulator???? Lame.....

:lol: :lol:

Sushigal

Postby Sushigal » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 3:41 pm

Akimbo wrote:I'm up for it!

But the one I know of is the one near Science Park and that cost 100 bux or something. Anything cheaper?

EDIT:

Wait, simulator???? Lame.....
sundaymorningstaple wrote:

sundaymorningstaple wrote:

Hey guys, just fyi. Its an Motion Simulator and i heard from my friend that it provides real experience. I dont think i am suppose to leak out any info about the company just incase my thread gets deleted.
But i heard it has feature with F1 racer racing on it etc..
So i bet it isn't the same as what you playing at Arcade.

So no one is up for it with me? :(
Anyway i seen people state like 21/M/US or 21/F/US.
Im 20/F/SG. :D

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 3:57 pm

So you're saying it's the sort of simulator just like the one where they had those F1 car simulator around Orchard or Plaza Singapura with lots of screens on the front and the sides so as to give a more full-size experience.

Is that it?

I'd like to try those as when I was in a theme park in Gold Coast, they have those simulators where we can make it into a competition.

But seriously it wouldn't beat the real stuff :)

Btw, as what Lynx have mentioned in your first thread, and as I see it, you have realized as well, you shouldn't post the company's name where you wanna do this as it would seem like you are doing advertisement, which would mean there's something for you as well.

But to be fair, I have done (something like) that. Posting restaurant establishments to hold dinner/brunch, places to go for activities, movies to watch! And of course next week, there's the Parkour event to die for! (I mean literally you will likely die :lol: ) I have tried bringing SMS to try the Friday classes, but he says he's too old for it... :-"

But the thing is, they are activities for people to enjoy! To meet new friends, to try new experiences.

So as was suggested by other regulars, PM me and Justsee about it, or of course propose an actual date of which the public can do it. With location, timing and of course the monetary damage. It would be nice if there's a website for it as well so we can check it out :)

If this place is just too broad of an audience, I'd then suggest for you to go to Meetup instead, and find the appropriate group so you can target the right audiences :)
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

Sushigal

Postby Sushigal » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 4:03 pm

Akimbo wrote:So you're saying it's the sort of simulator just like the one where they had those F1 car simulator around Orchard or Plaza Singapura with lots of screens on the front and the sides so as to give a more full-size experience.

Is that it?

I'd like to try those as when I was in a theme park in Gold Coast, they have those simulators where we can make it into a competition.

But seriously it wouldn't beat the real stuff :)

Btw, as what Lynx have mentioned in your first thread, and as I see it, you have realized as well, you shouldn't post the company's name where you wanna do this as it would seem like you are doing advertisement, which would mean there's something for you as well.

But to be fair, I have done that. Posting restaurant establishments to hold dinner/brunch, places to go for activities, movies to watch!

But the thing is, they are activities for people to enjoy! To meet new friends, to try new experiences.

So as was suggested by other regulars, PM me and Justsee about it, or of course propose an actual date of which the public can do it. With location, timing and of course the monetary damage. It would be nice if there's a website for it as well :)

If this place is just too broad of an audience, I'd then suggest for you to go to Meetup instead, and find the appropriate group so you can target the right audiences :)

Hi thanks for your advise, that is why i am not posting anything relevant to reveal the company's shop name or etc.
Just here to look for common interest friends, no harm, no advertising.
Yes, its an F1 car simulator with 3 screens at the front, with motion. Definitely it doesn't beats the real stuff but i am not able to even travel to sepang / pasir gudang for any tracking due to my busy schedule. :cry:

Sorry that i am new to forum, so how do i actually pm? So in PM, i can freely and openly talk about the confidential details that i am not suppose to reveal here on this thread?
I know the pricing that this shop is offering is definitely not higher than $100/hr. Its way cheaper ( afraid i can't reveal the price as well ).
They have a website, but i believe i can't type it openly here! AHHHHHHHHHH. ](*,)

Gosh, i know nothing about the rules here. So restricted hurrrrrrrrrrr!
Really want to share the joy and fun with everyone who is interested tho its not as real as what you're doing on the track, but definitely i believe people who have the same interest as me will enjoy.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 4:09 pm

There's a small speech bubble under each users name...normally, new users have a minimum posts of 5 posts before they're allowed to PM. You have passed it.

But why would you want to go to Sepang or Pasir Gudang?

You have one right here in Singapore, like I've said near Science Park...went there on a company event, that's why I got to play for a fraction of the cost...I busted one of their gokarts though...one wheel flew through the air... :P

Question...why is it such a secret on the pricing? If it's shown on the website, surely anybody can just google it?
Last edited by Akimbo on Thu, 06 Nov 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sushigal

Postby Sushigal » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 4:11 pm

Akimbo wrote:There's a small speech bubble under each users name...normally, new users have a minimum posts of 5 posts before they're allowed to PM. You have passed it.

But why would you want to go to Sepang or Pasir Gudang?

You have one right here in Singapore, like I've said near Science Park...went there on a company event, that's why I got to play yes to race...I busted one of their gokarts though...one wheel flew through the air... :P

:shock: WHUT? YOU ARE SURE 1 BAD ASS KARTER. LOL.
So i will pm you huh :wink:

Because Sepang and Gudang is much more popular and i want to go there to eat loklok and wanton MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. =P~

Teehee, im not being secretive. I am afraid i am not suppose to say anything regarding company's shop name / pricing or etc on this thread.... I scare i kena banned la dey! :-k

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 4:13 pm

Sushigal wrote: :shock: WHUT? YOU ARE SURE 1 BAD ASS KARTER. LOL.

More like heavy *ss... :mad:

JustSee
Chatter
Chatter

Postby JustSee » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 4:30 pm

lol akimbo, you never told me that!
I've done the same things, but not with go karts.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 4:44 pm

You gotta say more than

yoooooooooo :cool:

in your PM to me, really... #-o :lol:

I thought you wanted to PM to talk about the activity, or to exchange contact details or something...

By the way, as most lurkers will have already known, you are a girl. So expect getting weird PMs. Just be careful about it.

JustSee
Chatter
Chatter

Postby JustSee » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 5:27 pm

Yup, as soon as your asl has F in it, be suspicious of PMs you did not initiate.