Singapore Expats Forum

Temporary home for my cat

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

K.K.

Temporary home for my cat

Postby K.K. » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 12:10 pm

Hi, everyone, I am looking for someone time take my cat for six months in their home as I transition. Don't worry...this WILL be temporary. I am very attached to her. She is a very sweet cuddly cat. Indoor cat. I have all her health records. I don't know how she gets along with other cats since she has always been the only one. But she loves people and is not shy. Please let me know if you have advice or know someone who can do this!

Paula

x9200

Re: Temporary home for my cat

Postby x9200 » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 12:27 pm

Please consider putting a bit more effort in explaining your situation and the conditions of the undertaking (will you cover food, vets etc?) as probably nobody will take your cat for 6 month just because you transition (whatever it means).
Besides, 6 month is a long time sufficient to create bonds. Bad idea for a temporary transfer IMHO.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 12:29 pm

Pet Hostel, unless you expect somebody to take care of your cat FOC !!!

martincymru
Chatter
Chatter

Postby martincymru » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 1:32 pm

I am a cat lover myself, but seriously, the OP needs re-consider and explore other options.

K.K.

Postby K.K. » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 1:57 pm

Thank you to those who have asked for clarification and suggested the Post was too vague. I had planned to work out details with individuals who are interested.

I am moving to a different country for my work and it will be take me a little while to get the import permit and get settled (in a house) at my new location. This will start in January and end in June. I have a pet shipper who will heelp with the logistics of the move once the import permits is finalized. I was hoping to find a kind person who loves cats to take her so I wouldn't have to rely on the shipper to find a temporary place for her. I want to be able to talk to a real individual and get updates on how she is doing. Of course, I am willing to pay someone for this service. The most important things is to find someone, provide daily attention, and loves cats.

By way of background, she is 7 years old. She is cuddly and a "talker". She likes you to talk to her and she makes squeaky noises back. She is a healthy indoor cat. She hasn't had much exposure to other cats so I'm not sure how she will behave. I suspect once the cats establish their hierarchy (and she will be low since she will be the newcomer) things will settle down.

If you are interested, we should share contact details and talk by phone or email. Thanks again, all, for your suggestions.

Happy to talk individually

taxico
Director
Director

Postby taxico » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 4:54 pm

i know someone who might be able to help you (private individual who loves cats).

you don't have enough posts to private message yet...

so i'll ask: what guarantees are there that your cat will eventually be shipped off to you?
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

K.K.

Postby K.K. » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 5:05 pm

I already have a paid a shipper and have a contract with him to get my cat to my new country. Plus (and I suppose this isn't a guarantee) I am very attached to that cat. I didn't realize you had to have a certain number of Post's to get primate messages. This is all new me. I will try to send you a private message with my email addy.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Nov 2014 5:15 pm

K.K. wrote:I already have a paid a shipper and have a contract with him to get my cat to my new country. Plus (and I suppose this isn't a guarantee) I am very attached to that cat. I didn't realize you had to have a certain number of Post's to get primate messages. This is all new me. I will try to send you a private message with my email addy.

This made me laugh! We do have a few higher order monkeys on this board! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

simplyhome

Postby simplyhome » Mon, 10 Nov 2014 7:15 pm

Hi, if you still require help, do email me at rawnessgoodness@gmail.com. Cheers.

K.K.

Postby K.K. » Tue, 11 Nov 2014 10:28 am

Thanks rawgoodness! I will reach out through your email.