Singapore Expats

Forum Upgraded!

Announcements, promotions, news, help. Ask about registrations, avatars, PM and others. Post all your forum and Singapore Expats site related questions here.
Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Forum Upgraded!

Post by Pal » Sun, 02 Nov 2014 5:16 am

We have just upgraded the forum software!

This upgrade is long overdue and involves many hours of problem solving to make it work. Kindly reply to this thread if you encounter any problem in the forum.

Apart from the good look, some of the new features are listed below.

Responsive Template
- It provides an easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling for mobile phones to desktop computer.

Tapatalk
- A popular mobile app available on iOS and Android for accessing forums on mobile devices. It also provides PUSH notification when you have a PM or reply in your subscribed thread. You will see a notification to download Tapatalk or to open the forum in Tapatalk (if you already installed the app) when you access this forum on a mobile phone.

Attachment
- Users are now able to attach images to their posts directly without the hassle of uploading to another service provider.

Media and Videos
- Users are now able to post Youtube and Facebook video streams into their posts using the Media Embed buttons. Highlight your video or media link then click the Media Embed button.

Save draft
- Users are now able to save their reply or new topic as draft so that they can continue to work on it later.

And many more ...
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

x9200

Re: Forum Upgraded!

Post by x9200 » Sun, 02 Nov 2014 7:34 am

Attention:
If you have problems logging in, clear your browser cookies.

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pal » Sun, 02 Nov 2014 7:39 am

If you have problems logging in, you can also clear the cookies of this forum by clicking "Delete all board cookies" at the bottom right of every page.
cookies.jpg
Singapore Expats

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 02 Nov 2014 1:09 pm

Yes I had to manually go and clear browser cookies (using Opera browser), otherwise I logged in, it said 'Successful log-in', but then it bounced me out 5 seconds later. Seems fine now.

I haven't explored around at all yet. But notice one change, where did the 'Posts since last visit' link go? That used to be my first stop.

Congrats on the upgrade, it looks slick!

p.s/edit. Don't worry re: 'Posts since last' etc. I can see buttons now, that were not apparent (I think) earlier.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Sun, 02 Nov 2014 4:32 pm

the biggest grouse for me so far has been the inability to multi quote, for eg lets say you need to reply to 3 people, you have to quote them individually and reply to their post as opposed to selecting their posts and then simply hitting quote.

I cleared my cookies and everything looks neat so far from my desktop. good job guys! :D
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 02 Nov 2014 11:46 pm

I hate the delay on the new menu bar about the forums. "Home, About Singapore, Expat Guide, etc). My mouse is passing over it constantly, and it lingers too long. Can you reduce the linger delay?

CaptainBullus
Regular
Regular

Post by CaptainBullus » Mon, 03 Nov 2014 4:31 am

Change is Bad!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 03 Nov 2014 8:05 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:the biggest grouse for me so far has been the inability to multi quote, for eg lets say you need to reply to 3 people, you have to quote them individually and reply to their post as opposed to selecting their posts and then simply hitting quote.

I cleared my cookies and everything looks neat so far from my desktop. good job guys! :D
Well, the bad news, my Android Tablet browser is refusing to show the drop down menu to see 'new posts'

And same on when I used Opera Mini on my Tablet

the good news is, unless I use a desktop, less of my gibberish will you guys see ;)

Let me try Tapatalk, and see if this fixes the problem !!!

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pal » Mon, 03 Nov 2014 8:36 am

ecureilx wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:the biggest grouse for me so far has been the inability to multi quote, for eg lets say you need to reply to 3 people, you have to quote them individually and reply to their post as opposed to selecting their posts and then simply hitting quote.

Well, the bad news, my Android Tablet browser is refusing to show the drop down menu to see 'new posts'

And same on when I used Opera Mini on my Tablet

the good news is, unless I use a desktop, less of my gibberish will you guys see ;)

Let me try Tapatalk, and see if this fixes the problem !!!
On my Android Chrome and Samsung browser, the drop down menu works. There is another "View Posts" menu after the banners. In desktop it is on the right, on mobile it is below the banners.
View-Posts.jpg
Let us know how is Tapatalk.
Singapore Expats

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 03 Nov 2014 8:45 am

Installed Tapatalk. I didn't know I had to create an account. I can sign-in once but everytime I navigate out, it loses my login info. I don't want to create yet another account and would have to settle with mobile web.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 03 Nov 2014 8:54 am

I've never bothered to use my phone as I don't like the tiny screen and the need to keep resizing so I can see it. I've just installed tapatalk and this is my first post via phone app. So far so good. Will continue to investigte...
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pal » Mon, 03 Nov 2014 8:56 am

nakatago wrote:Installed Tapatalk. I didn't know I had to create an account. I can sign-in once but everytime I navigate out, it loses my login info. I don't want to create yet another account and would have to settle with mobile web.
You can sign into Tapatalk using Facebook logins. Signed in with Tapatalk allows you to have a list of your registered forums and it also enable PUSH notifications for your mobile.

Does the mobile web looks right? Usable?
Singapore Expats

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pal » Mon, 03 Nov 2014 8:58 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I've never bothered to use my phone as I don't like the tiny screen and the need to keep resizing so I can see it. I've just installed tapatalk and this is my first post via phone app. So far so good. Will continue to investigte...
=D> =D> =D>
Singapore Expats

curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter

Post by curiousgeorge » Mon, 03 Nov 2014 9:01 am

Urgh I am having seven kinds of hell. I had to install another browser to post this - with latest IE cannot even post about my login issues with the guest feature.

All cookies/cache cleared multiple times in IE, still can't sign in for more than 5 seconds.

Using Avant browser I get kicked less but usually when trying t reply to a message.

curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter

Post by curiousgeorge » Mon, 03 Nov 2014 9:02 am

curiousgeorge wrote:Urgh I am having seven kinds of hell. I had to install another browser to post this - with latest IE cannot even post about my login issues with the guest feature.

All cookies/cache cleared multiple times in IE, still can't sign in for more than 5 seconds.

Using Avant browser I get kicked less but usually when trying t reply to a message.

What I meant to say is that there may be hundreds of people like me, who are trying to post as a guest to say they have login problems, but they can't post on that guest thread either, so its pointless.