Singapore Expats Forum

Singapore PR, Punishment for having child out of marriage ?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.

Sponsored by:
Image
AE Logistics - Movers & Storage

eira_2014
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 27 Oct 2014

Singapore PR, Punishment for having child out of marriage ?

Postby eira_2014 » Mon, 27 Oct 2014 12:24 pm

Hi,

I wold like to seek any of you guys who have the knowledge or had been in my current situation ?


Im a single mother that recently gave birth to baby here in Singapore.
The father of my baby and I been in relationship for 7years, but then lately he just married to other woman (fix marriage) last July 2014, and I gave birth only this Oct 2014.
It means, that we were together 1st before he married.

I want my baby to follow his Father Last Name. But im afraid is there any impact for his PR if i register him in ICA as the father of my baby ?
Is there any such things that can REVOKE/CANCEL PR just bcoz of having kid out of marriage ?
This is the father's worry, that he will be put in jail or PR will be rejected,
but he is willing to give last name to baby.

Please advice.

Kind regards.

MOD NOTE: I'm locking this thread as OP tried to delete this post, almost making it useless for anybody else.
Last edited by eira_2014 on Mon, 27 Oct 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34261
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 27 Oct 2014 1:19 pm

What is the citizenship of the baby's father? What is your citizenship?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9259
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Singapore PR, Punishment for having child out of marriag

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 27 Oct 2014 2:04 pm

eira_2014 wrote:Hi,

I wold like to seek any of you guys who have the knowledge or had been in my current situation ?


Im a single mother that recently gave birth to baby here in Singapore.
The father of my baby and I been in relationship for 7years, but then lately he just married to other woman (fix marriage) last July 2014, and I gave birth only this Oct 2014.
It means, that we were together 1st before he married.

I want my baby to follow his Father Last Name. But im afraid is there any impact for his PR if i register him in ICA as the father of my baby ?
Is there any such things that can REVOKE/CANCEL PR just bcoz of having kid out of marriage ?
This is the father's worry, that he will be put in jail or PR will be rejected,
but he is willing to give last name to baby.

Please advice.

Kind regards.


and .. to be precise, what is your immigration status here ?

and to rephrase your question, are you asking if HE will loose his PR, if you register the child with HIM as the father ?

Or is it your question ?

eira_2014
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 27 Oct 2014

Postby eira_2014 » Mon, 27 Oct 2014 2:33 pm

Im also PR from Phil, father is from India.

Actually its his question, and worried if he will lose his PR or he will be put in jail ?
And now, its also my concern.

Appreciate your reply on this matter.


Thanks,

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9259
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 27 Oct 2014 3:18 pm

eira_2014 wrote:Im also PR from Phil, father is from India.

Actually its his question, and worried if he will lose his PR or he will be put in jail ?
And now, its also my concern.

Appreciate your reply on this matter.


Thanks,


Maybe SMS can elaborate, but seeing your PR status and your husbands, there is nothing that's going to affect his status

BTW, did you register the birth in the Philippines Embassy ? is his name in the Birth Certificate ? Did he sign on the PH Birth certificate application form ?

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2063
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Postby Barnsley » Mon, 27 Oct 2014 3:53 pm

Its quiet in work so I will ask the question that I expect a few would be thinking.

If both of you were worried about him going to jail should you have a child out of wedlock why didn't you do what was needed to prevent this happening?

You have a complicated scenario for your life .... all the best!!

Off topic...

How come he married someone else?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4849
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013

Postby PNGMK » Mon, 27 Oct 2014 5:07 pm

No, there will be no effect on his PR. You may find trouble renewing your REP if you're not on top of things but it won't be in 'revenge'.

You can name your child anything you want in Singapore with only minor restrictions... for example I doubt you could him John Bangsat Dari Suresh for example.

eira_2014
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 27 Oct 2014

Postby eira_2014 » Mon, 27 Oct 2014 5:27 pm

Thanks PNGMK for answering my question straight to the point, appreciate it.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9259
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 28 Oct 2014 7:40 am

PNGMK wrote:No, there will be no effect on his PR. You may find trouble renewing your REP if you're not on top of things but it won't be in 'revenge'.

You can name your child anything you want in Singapore with only minor restrictions... for example I doubt you could him John Bangsat Dari Suresh for example.


interesting !!

I thought that should be censored :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4849
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013

Postby PNGMK » Tue, 28 Oct 2014 8:03 am

ecureilx wrote:
PNGMK wrote:No, there will be no effect on his PR. You may find trouble renewing your REP if you're not on top of things but it won't be in 'revenge'.

You can name your child anything you want in Singapore with only minor restrictions... for example I doubt you could him John Bangsat Dari Suresh for example.


interesting !!

I thought that should be censored :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:


Depends how good your Malay is.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34261
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 28 Oct 2014 8:10 am

[-X :devil:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests