Singapore Expats Forum

Chances of getting Singapore Citizenship

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Jerryjames1990

Re: Chances of getting Singapore Citizenship

Postby Jerryjames1990 » Wed, 28 Feb 2018 4:56 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Jerryjames1990 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
I personally feel you have a decent chance since you have studied here and have stayed long enough.

Thanks for your feedback , however does this 11 months long waiting showing any negative impact ? Cause I can see few of them here approved in 4-8 months time

Mine got approved after 14 months. Longer does not mean good or bad. FYI, if you are from the subcontinent, you can expect the processing time to be longer.

Yeah , I am from the subcontinent .

The worrying factor is , I have a friend who applied 6 months earlier than me got rejected after one year . From age to qualification to income wise , both of us are exactly match each other. The only different is that , religion is different. And he also trying for some other country PR processing . So so guess that’s the reason for his rejection .

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Re: Chances of getting Singapore Citizenship

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 28 Feb 2018 5:44 pm

Jerryjames1990 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Jerryjames1990 wrote:

Thanks for your feedback , however does this 11 months long waiting showing any negative impact ? Cause I can see few of them here approved in 4-8 months time

Mine got approved after 14 months. Longer does not mean good or bad. FYI, if you are from the subcontinent, you can expect the processing time to be longer.

Yeah , I am from the subcontinent .

The worrying factor is , I have a friend who applied 6 months earlier than me got rejected after one year . From age to qualification to income wise , both of us are exactly match each other. The only different is that , religion is different. And he also trying for some other country PR processing . So so guess that’s the reason for his rejection .

You cant compare two profiles like that

Both of you
- Work for different companies
- Different Salary
- Different Age
- etc,

Secondly, I said it will take longer for the outcome. But didn't say it will always be approved.