Singapore Expats

Chances of getting Singapore Citizenship

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
angel0205

Re: Chances of getting Singapore Citizenship

Post by angel0205 » Mon, 28 Nov 2016 6:14 pm

Hi Sp1d3rMan,

May I kow how many sets of supporting document for 3 of you? Do you submit same type of docs for your wife and kid? Eg. 3 copies of marriage cert, your passport etc

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Chances of getting Singapore Citizenship

Post by jamie9vardy » Mon, 28 Nov 2016 7:11 pm

angel0205 wrote:Hi Sp1d3rMan,

May I kow how many sets of supporting document for 3 of you? Do you submit same type of docs for your wife and kid? Eg. 3 copies of marriage cert, your passport etc

You're at it again. Common sense will tell you that if it's common sets of documents one should suffice. Unless you're saying the husband and wife have different sets of marriage certs with different spouse's names? Kid's marriage cert? All 3 of you in the family use the same passport to travel? If no, submit respective passports (same goes for birth certs).

You're kidding to chase away the Monday blues right?
Last edited by jamie9vardy on Mon, 28 Nov 2016 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

angel0205

Post by angel0205 » Mon, 28 Nov 2016 7:17 pm

Did u apply before? My understanding is each application will acess separately.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 02 Dec 2016 10:25 pm

doG help Singapore! :cry:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Fri, 02 Dec 2016 10:51 pm

If you are applying with your family, the officer will compile each applicant's info individually and will ask for a copy of a common document such as a marriage cert for each applicant (father, mother, child). So prepare 3 copies of a marriage cert for 3 applicants. I just submitted my documents a few weeks ago.

angel0205

Post by angel0205 » Sat, 03 Dec 2016 5:26 am

Thanks bro75. This is the positive and helpful response that I looking for.

aldoteng

Post by aldoteng » Fri, 13 Jan 2017 12:02 pm

Borrowing this thread. More of a curious musing than an actual question. 33 year old, Chinese ethnic male, Indonesian citizen. Been in Singapore all the way from Primary 1. PSLE > O Level > A Level > NUS Bachelor's degree. Been a PR for more than 10 years. Income is average i think for my age. Finally decided to apply for citizenship - and yesterday I got my appointment in July 2017.

Any indicators for my chances? It seems everyone is screaming it's so hard to get WP/SP/EP and PR, but I don't hear anything about chances of getting citizenship.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 13 Jan 2017 2:06 pm

aldoteng wrote:Borrowing this thread. More of a curious musing than an actual question. 33 year old, Chinese ethnic male, Indonesian citizen. Been in Singapore all the way from Primary 1. PSLE > O Level > A Level > NUS Bachelor's degree. Been a PR for more than 10 years. Income is average i think for my age. Finally decided to apply for citizenship - and yesterday I got my appointment in July 2017.

Any indicators for my chances? It seems everyone is screaming it's so hard to get WP/SP/EP and PR, but I don't hear anything about chances of getting citizenship.
Your chances are pretty good. Just go for it !

squishyfats

Post by squishyfats » Fri, 13 Jan 2017 3:27 pm

aldoteng wrote:Borrowing this thread. More of a curious musing than an actual question. 33 year old, Chinese ethnic male, Indonesian citizen. Been in Singapore all the way from Primary 1. PSLE > O Level > A Level > NUS Bachelor's degree. Been a PR for more than 10 years. Income is average i think for my age. Finally decided to apply for citizenship - and yesterday I got my appointment in July 2017.

Hey aldo, how did you snag an appointment? I've been checking a couple of times everyday for the past two weeks and couldn't get one!! Youre so lucky!

aldoteng

Post by aldoteng » Fri, 13 Jan 2017 4:32 pm

Thanks singaporeflyer!

Hi squishypui, actually I've been monitoring the appointment schedule since end last year but the whole 2017 was always booked. So I just heck la and I went to submit the application (7 screens worth of data, including my parents and siblings birth cert details and their incomes -_- better go and take a look at ALL the data needed and prepare them in one shot, because you cannot save data and come back another day).

I submitted and paid SGD100 and went to the scheduling calendar - voila half of July 2017 was available, so I booked the earliest one.

lot286
Chatter
Chatter

Post by lot286 » Fri, 13 Jan 2017 5:32 pm

your chances is very good.

squishyfats

Post by squishyfats » Fri, 13 Jan 2017 6:36 pm

aldoteng wrote:Thanks singaporeflyer!

Hi squishypui, actually I've been monitoring the appointment schedule since end last year but the whole 2017 was always booked. So I just heck la and I went to submit the application (7 screens worth of data, including my parents and siblings birth cert details and their incomes -_- better go and take a look at ALL the data needed and prepare them in one shot, because you cannot save data and come back another day).

I submitted and paid SGD100 and went to the scheduling calendar - voila half of July 2017 was available, so I booked the earliest one.
Thanks for the tip! Wishing you all the best in your application Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

u4ria

Post by u4ria » Sat, 14 Jan 2017 9:50 am

Hi All,

I've been a reader to this forum though not very active in posting. I find the information here extremely useful.

Just to share an update at my end. IPA letter for citizenship approved earlier this week!

May 2016: Online application submitted
Aug 2016: Appointment to submit documents
Jan 2017: IPA letter received

We applied as a family unit of 3 and have been living in Singapore for the last 7 years. PR status for almost 3 years.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 16 Jan 2017 7:26 pm

Hi u4ria, Congrats. Managed to see where you are from based on your previous posts. Your case should have been pretty straight forward :)

eddie_lim

Post by eddie_lim » Tue, 25 Jul 2017 1:06 pm

I would like to know is it a must to translate my Malaysia birth certificate to English? If so, where can I get it done? Tq