Singapore Expats Forum

Chances of getting Singapore Citizenship

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: Chances of getting Singapore Citizenship

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 16 Jul 2019 2:04 pm

gio2018 wrote:
Tue, 16 Jul 2019 10:17 am
Hi everyone,

Do you get MYICA status actually showing approved? I wonder whether I need to check my mailbox everyday.

I applied last year on Jun 22 and interview was July 9.

*MYICA status still pending
Thanks for your help.

Gio2018
Still a bit early for the result. Please check your post box regularly.

gio2018

Post by gio2018 » Tue, 16 Jul 2019 2:09 pm

Thanks Singaporeflyer.

yl87

Post by yl87 » Mon, 05 Aug 2019 5:07 pm

hi,

i just received IPA notification today. Under the singapore citizenship roadmap, it's mentioned that we should avoid using our current passport to purchase travel itineraries that are 2 or 3 months ahead from the date of issue of this AIP letter. but i have already planned a trip in October , do i need to seek ICA approval on this??

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 05 Aug 2019 6:57 pm

yl87 wrote:
Mon, 05 Aug 2019 5:07 pm
hi,

i just received IPA notification today. Under the singapore citizenship roadmap, it's mentioned that we should avoid using our current passport to purchase travel itineraries that are 2 or 3 months ahead from the date of issue of this AIP letter. but i have already planned a trip in October , do i need to seek ICA approval on this??
First time I am hearing about this.

The Singapore Citizenship journey + tour may take you around 1.5-2 months. Only after that you can get your Singapore Citizenship and passport. Anyway call ICA and check with them. You can email them too and they will be able to advice you

worldcitizen

Post by worldcitizen » Tue, 06 Aug 2019 2:41 pm

So you need to finish SGJOURNEY in 2 months from IPA. Formal approval letter - 7 days after SGJOURNEY + Tentative ICA appointment to Oath taking in a month. Before going to ICA, you need to give up your current citizenship/passport.
So chances are slim that you can travel with your prev/current passport. Had the same issue and managed to make it work with Airlines help. SQ was cool about it. Alternatively you can push your oath taking / SG journey by talking to ICA/SG Journey

yl87

Post by yl87 » Thu, 15 Aug 2019 2:49 pm

thanks, i emailed ICA. they call and inform me that i have 2 months to complete stage 3. so i think it should be fine.