Chris Reed v/s Singaporeans

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
Post Reply
User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 4359
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:53 am
Location: SIndiapore

Chris Reed v/s Singaporeans

Post by Wd40 » Sun, 26 Oct 2014 1:46 am

Chris Reed posted an article about the jobsbank on SBR and then in the comments he decided to participate with the Singaporeans.

The comments section is really an interesting read :)

http://sbr.com.sg/hr-education/commenta ... -singapore

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8778
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 2
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Chris Reed v/s Singaporeans

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 26 Oct 2014 10:28 pm

Wd40 wrote:Chris Reed posted an article about the jobsbank on SBR and then in the comments he decided to participate with the Singaporeans.

The comments section is really an interesting read :)

http://sbr.com.Singapore/hr-education/c ... -singapore
WTF is Chris Reed and why should we(I) care?

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8778
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 2
Location: Sinkapore

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 26 Oct 2014 10:35 pm

Good god. I see what you mean. Singaporean's are just embarrassing to argue with....

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8358
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Re: Chris Reed v/s Singaporeans

Post by nakatago » Mon, 27 Oct 2014 6:03 am

PNGMK wrote:
Wd40 wrote:Chris Reed posted an article about the jobsbank on SBR and then in the comments he decided to participate with the Singaporeans.

The comments section is really an interesting read :)

http://sbr.com.Singapore/hr-education/c ... -singapore
WTF is Chris Reed and why should we(I) care?
Someone who's exercised great restraint, that's who. :wink:

The comments are I think only surpassed by 4chan and YouTube comments sections pre-Google+ in stupidity. #RonPaul 2016
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Chris Reed v/s Singaporeans

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 27 Oct 2014 8:00 am

Wd40 wrote:Chris Reed posted an article about the jobsbank on SBR and then in the comments he decided to participate with the Singaporeans.

The comments section is really an interesting read :)

http://sbr.com.Singapore/hr-education/c ... -singapore
I believe he is off the mark on a lot of points there .. and let me leave it there ..

x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9916
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by x9200 » Mon, 27 Oct 2014 11:50 am

As weird as it may sound I agree with ecureilx. What CR put together are just bits and pieces including some oversimplified or plain incorrect views. He also seemed to miss the full social aspects of the problem and how important they are in the political-economic landscape. Frankly I don't get why he wrote this article at all unless he wanted to vent off his frustration.

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 27 Oct 2014 12:04 pm

Disappointing , as I thought an ex-England Wicketkeeper had decided to take on Singapore national cricket team by himself.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2856
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 10:45 am
Location: Singapore

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 27 Oct 2014 12:36 pm

Barnsley wrote:Disappointing , as I thought an ex-England Wicketkeeper had decided to take on Singapore national cricket team by himself.
And ironically he was out stumped!
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 27 Oct 2014 12:50 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
Barnsley wrote:Disappointing , as I thought an ex-England Wicketkeeper had decided to take on Singapore national cricket team by himself.
And ironically he was out stumped!
If only, the cricketer is remembered for hilariously being bowled by ducking at what he thought was a beamer but turned out to be a slower ball at Lords.

will find link and add.

http://youtu.be/e6gPMq9qOTM

Alas it was bowled.by Chris Cairns... so potential.for some funny business :o
Life is short, paddle harder!!

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2856
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 10:45 am
Location: Singapore

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 27 Oct 2014 1:04 pm

Barnsley wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:
Barnsley wrote:Disappointing , as I thought an ex-England Wicketkeeper had decided to take on Singapore national cricket team by himself.
And ironically he was out stumped!
If only, the cricketer is remembered for hilariously being bowled by ducking at what he thought was a beamer but turned out to be a slower ball at Lords.

will find link and add.

http://youtu.be/e6gPMq9qOTM

Alas it was bowled.by Chris Cairns... so potential.for some funny business :o
Cairns was one of the guys that i loved watching, amazing all rounder, so much potential, but perennially injured.
and your video in turn led me to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3qRZF4iKmk
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 4359
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:53 am
Location: SIndiapore

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 27 Oct 2014 1:15 pm

Last I heard Chris Cairns was cleaning bus shelters to make a living:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spor ... 977044.cms

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 27 Oct 2014 1:31 pm

Wd40 wrote:Last I heard Chris Cairns was cleaning bus shelters to make a living:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spor ... 977044.cms
$17 an hour :D
Life is short, paddle harder!!

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 4359
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:53 am
Location: SIndiapore

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 27 Oct 2014 1:39 pm

Barnsley wrote:
Wd40 wrote:Last I heard Chris Cairns was cleaning bus shelters to make a living:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spor ... 977044.cms
$17 an hour :D
Yeah! He is so popular in India that he could join a reality show and make more money than he made playing cricket for New Zealand, lol.

Bret Lee is smarter:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/mov ... 1abyo.html

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16522
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Mon, 27 Oct 2014 6:40 pm

x9200 wrote:As weird as it may sound I agree with ecureilx. What CR put together are just bits and pieces including some oversimplified or plain incorrect views. He also seemed to miss the full social aspects of the problem and how important they are in the political-economic landscape. Frankly I don't get why he wrote this article at all unless he wanted to vent off his frustration.
Perhaps you could give a couple of examples of the ' oversimplified or plain incorrect views'? And the 'social aspects of the problem'?

I expect he wrote the article as it reflects his experience and opinion; you don't need more justification than that do you?

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 10:43 pm

Re: Chris Reed v/s Singaporeans

Post by brian_singapore » Mon, 27 Oct 2014 8:34 pm

Wd40 wrote:Chris Reed posted an article about the jobsbank on SBR and then in the comments he decided to participate with the Singaporeans.

The comments section is really an interesting read :)

http://sbr.com.Singapore/hr-education/c ... -singapore
I found this very amusing to read. In a very sad kind of way.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Leisure Chat, Jokes, Rubbish”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests