Singapore Expats Forum

PR for new born son

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ns2912

PR for new born son

Postby ns2912 » Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:14 am

Hello admin, experts and fellow information seekers!
My wife and I got our PR in November 2013. My wife is due to deliver (in Singapore) end December.
I found out from ICA that we can walk-in and apply for our son's PR once we get the birth certificate and passport in hand.
I wanted to know the chances of PR approval for my son given that I'm the only one working. During the waiting period, we need to apply for an LTVP if I'm not mistaken.
I have heard of a case where the PR for a new born has been rejected. After a strong appeal, it was granted. If the PR is rejected (God forbid), surely the ICA will grant an LTVP?

Any information you could share on this topic would be great!
Thanks.

bro75
Chatter
Chatter

Postby bro75 » Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:38 pm

PR approval for dependents of PRs is not guaranteed so it is best to apply for LTVP also which has a higher chance of approval. IF you give us other info such as your nationality/salary, the regulars here may give their opinions of your son's PR chances.

LongTimeHere

Postby LongTimeHere » Fri, 24 Oct 2014 5:16 pm

Along with the birth certificate the hospital will give you a letter detailing the exact process to apply for PR and LTVP. Yes, you can go to ICA with this letter and get a queue number at the front desk, my experience is the queue number provided gets called very fast.

Please make sure you do apply for PR within 40 days as stated in the letter and do NOT take the child out of Singapore till you have done both the applications. (PR & LTVP)

Have done the above process twice and the PR was approved within a few months. This despite being from 'undesirable' group and both my lovely children are female.

Sp1d3rMan
Regular
Regular

Re: PR for new born son

Postby Sp1d3rMan » Tue, 28 Oct 2014 1:15 pm

ns2912 wrote:Hello admin, experts and fellow information seekers!
My wife and I got our PR in November 2013. My wife is due to deliver (in Singapore) end December.
I found out from ICA that we can walk-in and apply for our son's PR once we get the birth certificate and passport in hand.
I wanted to know the chances of PR approval for my son given that I'm the only one working. During the waiting period, we need to apply for an LTVP if I'm not mistaken.
I have heard of a case where the PR for a new born has been rejected. After a strong appeal, it was granted. If the PR is rejected (God forbid), surely the ICA will grant an LTVP?

Any information you could share on this topic would be great!
Thanks.

I believe your child required a LTVP to stay in Singapore unless he/she return to origin and wait for the PR application result. i did the same for my girl. Applied LTVP (for child will required to renew every 2 years) got LTVP, apply for PR, wait for PR result, less hassle.