Page 1 of 2

PR approved after 9 months

Posted: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:44 am
by jess_perry
Hi,
My PR has been approved after 9 months of waiting.
Profile : female/vietnamese/30 y.o / Been in Singapore for 6 years
Applied under PTS scheme (S pass)
Salary : $2450
Guess i am a lucky b*tch :)

Posted: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:54 am
by zzm9980
Congrats! I'll be honest, if you posted that profile asking if you'd be approved I'd say not a chance without an SG spouse.

Posted: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 1:18 am
by jess_perry
Thanks zzz9980 :)

Posted: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 2:07 am
by vsasks
Congrats. Not easy to get PR now. Treasure it.

Go for the pink IC after 2 years.

Posted: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:25 am
by Barnsley
zzm9980 wrote:Congrats! I'll be honest, if you posted that profile asking if you'd be approved I'd say not a chance without an Singapore spouse.
I am surprised you say that.

The applicant is right in the zone of folk the Govt wants to stay no?

Worker bees at a relatively low level.

If single , also OK as a good opportunity for the lady to integrate and produce future Singaporeans

Posted: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 1:00 pm
by zzm9980
Barnsley wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:Congrats! I'll be honest, if you posted that profile asking if you'd be approved I'd say not a chance without an Singapore spouse.
I am surprised you say that.

The applicant is right in the zone of folk the Govt wants to stay no?

Worker bees at a relatively low level.

If single , also OK as a good opportunity for the lady to integrate and produce future Singaporeans
Vietnamese? Nope. If she was Straits Chinese (Malaysian or Indonesian) then yes, I'd agree.

OP, what are your degrees in and where did you get them? Perhaps very prestigious schooling too.

Posted: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 7:27 pm
by jess_perry
I'm a born muslim vietnamese,graduated from RMIT -Vietnam campus.
My PR was rejected 3 years ago when my pay was 2k+. But life goes on, I've worked my ass out since then,subsequently got promoted with a lil bit pay increment.
I never thought of applying again until 1 day my boss came to me,she encouraged me to give it another shot,there is no harm trying anyway :)

Posted: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 7:31 pm
by jess_perry
PS : I've just realised that i made a typo in my first post.
My salary should be 3450 :)

Posted: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 8:17 pm
by sundaymorningstaple
Now it means something. In three years you have increase your income level by more than a third. Add to that, you have been here a while and are still single. You are just about prime for the market place. And, if you were to get married very good potential for producing cannon fodder. :-| Congratulations, persistence and playing the waiting game has paid off handsomely. As another said, treasure it, as it's hard to come buy nowadays. :wink:

Posted: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 10:37 am
by mystic_river
jess_perry wrote:I'm a born muslim vietnamese,graduated from RMIT -Vietnam campus.
My PR was rejected 3 years ago when my pay was 2k+. But life goes on, I've worked my ass out since then,subsequently got promoted with a lil bit pay increment.
I never thought of applying again until 1 day my boss came to me,she encouraged me to give it another shot,there is no harm trying anyway :)
I'd just like to ask: 3 years ago when your PR was rejected, what did the letter say? to apply after xx years or that you may continue staying on whatever pass you had at that time?

Posted: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:17 am
by singaporeflyer
mystic_river wrote: I'd just like to ask: 3 years ago when your PR was rejected, what did the letter say? to apply after xx years or that you may continue staying on whatever pass you had at that time?
You cannot infer anything based on what you have asked. Because, there are some of my friends who received the "apply after N years" in their rejection and when they applied after N years, they still had it rejected.

Posted: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:44 pm
by zzm9980
singaporeflyer wrote:
mystic_river wrote: I'd just like to ask: 3 years ago when your PR was rejected, what did the letter say? to apply after xx years or that you may continue staying on whatever pass you had at that time?
You cannot infer anything based on what you have asked. Because, there are some of my friends who received the "apply after N years" in their rejection and when they applied after N years, they still had it rejected.
Yes, but how many people do you know that received the "You may continue staying on whatever pass..." that later got their PR? I only recall one or two posting about it here on the forums.

Posted: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 1:10 pm
by mystic_river
zzm9980 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
mystic_river wrote: I'd just like to ask: 3 years ago when your PR was rejected, what did the letter say? to apply after xx years or that you may continue staying on whatever pass you had at that time?
You cannot infer anything based on what you have asked. Because, there are some of my friends who received the "apply after N years" in their rejection and when they applied after N years, they still had it rejected.
Yes, but how many people do you know that received the "You may continue staying on whatever pass..." that later got their PR? I only recall one or two posting about it here on the forums.
Exactly. That was the reason I asked that question. I already have a PR though. I am just asking because i see a lot of others asking this question and I'd like to know too.

Posted: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 10:50 pm
by jess_perry
They didn't advise how long should i reapply in the rejection letter

Posted: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 11:20 pm
by sundaymorningstaple
If they didn't say you are welcome to continue to work here on you existing employment visa and didn't give you a time frame to reapply, I would seriously wait until you have something substantially different on your new application, like a very good vertical movement in your job description, or a sizable increase in salary ( I don't mean a 20% increment either) or a new advanced degree. Otherwise, you will be wasting your time tilting at windmills.