Singapore Expats

Is this considered a "Home Leave" ?

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
valleyman
Regular
Regular

Is this considered a "Home Leave" ?

Post by valleyman » Tue, 21 Oct 2014 2:38 pm

We are going to Boracay at the end of the year and plan to take our helper along. She will return with us as well.

Is this considered a home leave for her with all the associated costs? I called up a couple of agencies and they both seem to concur that it is. Anyone knows otherwise ? Also, any recommendation for a processing agency ? My agency quoted an absurd 380 bucks!

I have thought of processing this by DIY but am too lazy to go through all the hassles..

x9200

Re: Is this considered a "Home Leave" ?

Post by x9200 » Tue, 21 Oct 2014 2:47 pm

valleyman wrote:We are going to Boracay at the end of the year and plan to take our helper along. She will return with us as well.

Is this considered a home leave for her with all the associated costs? I called up a couple of agencies and they both seem to concur that it is. Anyone knows otherwise ? Also, any recommendation for a processing agency ? My agency quoted an absurd 380 bucks!

I have thought of processing this by DIY but am too lazy to go through all the hassles..
If you take her to serve (etc.) you during the trip it would hardly be for her any home leave. If she just travels with you and while in the Philippines does whatever she wants then yes, it would be a home leave for her (assuming she is from the P).

valleyman
Regular
Regular

Post by valleyman » Tue, 21 Oct 2014 3:19 pm

She is from the Philippines and no its not a home leave as she has joined us just over 3 months back. The reason why I am asking is that whether the Philippines government considers it a home leave and requires me to process all the home leave formalities for her.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 21 Oct 2014 3:44 pm

A little correction X9200

As she is from PH, PH govt / BI will consider it home leave, and "MAY" let her not come back, if you don't have the exit permit processed properly

Even if she is accompanying you, that's how BI in Philippines works at times.

Just my 2 cents !!

for processing, I can't recall the steps, but if her Employment agreement was authenticated by POEA in the PH embassy, it should be less

if not done previously, the balance of the amount quoted is for the authentication / notarization ..

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 21 Oct 2014 3:47 pm