Singapore Expats

Chances of getting PR - Need expert advice

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
malelion

Chances of getting PR - Need expert advice

Post by malelion » Tue, 14 Oct 2014 11:57 am

This might be the usual question for you all. But before proceeding with the PR application, would like check with experts the possibility of getting PR.

Citizenship: Indian
Education: B.Tech
Income: Base S$6500 / month
Occupation: Working in construction sector and being as a share holder in a small construction firm
Residency in SG: 3yrs completing in dec 2014
Tax: paid for 2012/2013 ( 2year ) - 2014 will be paying in june 2015
Wife - DP, working in LOC
Son - 4yrs, playschool

Since getting pr appointment is very late after 6 months. Would like to give a try to book on April 2015. before doing this, i just would like to have some thoughts of experts if i can proceed.
Malelion

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:03 pm

Working against you is that you're Indian and haven't waited for three tax filings as advised by ICA and damn near everyone else.

But your chances are greater than if you didn't apply at all. So good luck.

malelion

Post by malelion » Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:09 pm

Oh., what i thought was while appling PR in Apr 2015 atleast i should be having the tax filed papers on hand (not NOA). So what would be your advise if i wait till June 2015 for applying PR(after getting 3rd NOA)??
Malelion

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:27 pm

malelion wrote:Oh., what i thought was while appling PR in Apr 2015 atleast i should be having the tax filed papers on hand (not NOA). So what would be your advise if i wait till June 2015 for applying PR(after getting 3rd NOA)??
At the very least, yes. However, the local sentiment against Indians (and Chinese, and Filipinos, and...you get the idea) may change by then.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:28 pm

Still very low. Just search this forum (ciick "Search" above) for the terms "PR" "Application" and "Indian".

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 14 Oct 2014 2:52 pm

zzm9980 wrote:Still very low. Just search this forum (ciick "Search" above) for the terms "PR" "Application" and "Indian".
and "reject"
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Chances of getting PR - Need expert advice

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 14 Oct 2014 4:25 pm

malelion wrote:This might be the usual question for you all. But before proceeding with the PR application, would like check with experts the possibility of getting PR.

Citizenship: Indian
Education: B.Tech
Income: Base S$6500 / month
Occupation: Working in construction sector and being as a share holder in a small construction firm
Residency in SG: 3yrs completing in dec 2014
Tax: paid for 2012/2013 ( 2year ) - 2014 will be paying in june 2015
Wife - DP, working in LOC
Son - 4yrs, playschool

Since getting pr appointment is very late after 6 months. Would like to give a try to book on April 2015. before doing this, i just would like to have some thoughts of experts if i can proceed.
If you are filing by yourself, probably nil chance, especially in view of what has already been noted. Filing as a whole family, will increase your chances a little bit, but still be advised that sentiment is against you. But there have been some successes so the only thing I can say is file. The probability is high of rejection but if you don't apply, then rejection is a foregone conclusion. Just be prepared for the worst. Anything more is a bonus. The fact that you are not in IT or the financial sector is probably a blessing. Good Luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers