Singapore Expats Forum

Apple finishes Finnish economy

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2789
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:42 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:
nakatago wrote:
Wd40 wrote:Samsung is not dead yet, like some people were speculating after the new iPhone launches.


Those were probably the same people who proclaim doom and gloom when a company's share price drop by half a point.


Samsung's software platform will kill them, and cause unwarranted collateral damage to Android. Too many of the people buying Samsung devices don't know to separate TouchWiz from Android.


Kind of have to agree. Just bought the LG G3... the interface is so much better that Touchwiz that I have no desire to switch launchers or most other apps.

Accuweather continues to suck, however.


Yep. Everyone I know that loved their Galaxy S2s and S3s have moved to Sony Xperias, HTC Ones, or Moto Xs. And yes, some iPhones.


Gf's got a Xperia Z and I've got a Lumia 1020, I love the Xperia UI as opposed to the Samsung ones.
As for Windows Phone 8 I find it extremely easy to use and the MS marketplace has improved by leaps and bounds than where it was a couple of years ago.
For the general things you do on a smartphone viz. chat, email, camera, call etc it more than suffices.
Personally I'm a bit of a MS fanboy, (not in the end user ecosystem but in the Enterprise space)
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:43 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
Wd40 wrote: and iPhone is something I wont buy, you know why :)


Because you wasted all of your money on brokerage fees for crappy funds that strangers on the forum convinced you to drop a day later? Or because you're too cheap? :) Instead you're stuck with a closed-garden platform that has *no* developer support. The worst of both worlds.

I really see you as the guy who will go down with the ship, hating on the iPhone. Then the day you finally buy one, you'll be singing (and posting) its praises like it is god's newest gift to the world and as if no one else has ever used one before. :P


Now, now...let's give him the benefit of the doubt....











....who are we kidding? This is Wd40 we're talking about :P

Personally, I won't buy an iOS device too; but only because I don't like the usage paradigm (I've played with my sister's iPad). I don't hate it; I get why people like but I just don't swing that way(I do hate the blind, religious zealots though). But if someone gives me a device for free, I won't refuse it (@zzm: wink-wink, nudge-nudge).

Wd40 wrote:The good part about windows OS is that its much better with memory management than Android. The 1GB RAM on my phone feels as good as 2GB on Android. Also I like the tiles feature rather than fixed App Icons that come with Android and iPhone.


If you came from a TouchWiz device, then, it's a bad example. As per my post above, TouchWiz is horrendous with RAM.

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3788
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Mon, 20 Oct 2014 1:03 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
Wd40 wrote: and iPhone is something I wont buy, you know why :)


Because you wasted all of your money on brokerage fees for crappy funds that strangers on the forum convinced you to drop a day later?


BTW, Nikkei is up almost 4% today, so my choice was not crappy. I changed because I thought I was taking too much risk.

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3788
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Mon, 20 Oct 2014 1:23 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
I really see you as the guy who will go down with the ship, hating on the iPhone. Then the day you finally buy one, you'll be singing (and posting) its praises like it is god's newest gift to the world and as if no one else has ever used one before. :P


I am not sure on what basis you say that, but I cant see myself buying an IPhone ever, for the same reason as I will never buy BMW or Mercedes over a Honda or Toyota ;)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Leisure Chat, Jokes, Rubbish”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests