Singapore Expats

How has living in Singapore changed your life?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 10 Oct 2014 12:25 pm

She wants to come to Singapore. She acted much like the spoiled children she teaches in NZ. Obviously, being an expat board, she doesn't know how many and of what level people who work at those schools might be lurkers on this board. Seeing her attitude & sarcasm, they might have "druthers" so I can understand her trepidation. Sadly, she should know, on an open forum there are all kinds and while she was off base, I'll have to agree that the initial attack on her by a member of this board was rather unwarranted in view of her other posts and I'm sure it is what triggered her off. So having said that, I'm going to edit the quoted posts to remove her name from them as well.....

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Sun, 12 Oct 2014 4:51 pm

Not sure if you were referring to me or an earlier poster, neither post was anything that would rattle anyone thick-skinned.

The questions are fair ones, but if they're coming from some dopey local Uni kid posing as something else, which is frequent enough to warrant suspicion, then flames are in order.

I actually started a proper response, not so much to the poster, but for myself to assess what some of these mean, especially reading SE's typically well-grounded reply.