Singapore Expats

Lodging complaint against Huge Noise pollution

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
tripatsu

Lodging complaint against Huge Noise pollution

Post by tripatsu » Fri, 14 Jan 2005 1:34 am

Hi Can someone please tell me where and how to lodge a complaint againt some construction work going on in the Telok Blangah area. It is on and on incessantly from last 10 days making the life miserable for the residents.

I am new to singapore and never imagined this kind of experience. :(

Please help me.
-trips

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 14 Jan 2005 2:01 am

Welcome to Singapore :D

I've been here 22+ years and it hasn't stopped yet! Slows down at times but never stops. :cry:

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

call this

Re: Lodging complaint against Huge Noise pollution

Post by call this » Mon, 17 Jan 2005 1:16 pm

tripatsu wrote:Hi Can someone please tell me where and how to lodge a complaint againt some construction work going on in the Telok Blangah area. It is on and on incessantly from last 10 days making the life miserable for the residents.

I am new to singapore and never imagined this kind of experience. :(

Please help me.
-trips
You can try calling Mr Sidek at 67319137. I called him for help with a similar experience.
Under Singapore law, all heavy construction work has to stop by 7pm (piling works etc). Apparently, all construction sites are equipped with a noise monitoring device. A staff will be despatched to investigate after they have received your complain, and they will be able to fine the site based on evidence recorded on the noise device, which records noise from the site on a 24hour daily basis.
Hope this helps.