Singapore Expats

1 yr LTVP to Work Permit back to LTVP possible?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
rockability

1 yr LTVP to Work Permit back to LTVP possible?

Post by rockability » Mon, 06 Oct 2014 7:02 pm

Hello there,

I have a question and hope that you guys can assist. I recently applied LTVP for my foreign spouse and a 1 year LTVP was issued. After which, I found employment for her and the LTVP pass was converted to a 2 year work-permit. After working for 1 month, she decided that the job was not suitable for her.

The question is, if she was to cancel the work permit, will she have to re-apply for an LTVP? If yes, should it be applied under a 'New Application' or 'Renew Application' at ICA's E-VP website?

Thanks so much.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 Oct 2014 7:19 pm

Sure. No problem at all. Easily done. No worries, mate.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

rockability

Post by rockability » Mon, 06 Oct 2014 7:25 pm

[quote="sundaymorningstaple"]Sure. No problem at all. Easily done. No worries, mate.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply SMS. So can I know the process to re-apply for an LTVP? Should I choose new application or renewal of application? Technically it is not a new application unless the previous application is considered void upon conversion to a work permit. I'm a Singapore citizen btw.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Tue, 07 Oct 2014 12:44 pm

rockability wrote:Thanks for the reply SMS. So can I know the process to re-apply for an LTVP? Should I choose new application or renewal of application? Technically it is not a new application unless the previous application is considered void upon conversion to a work permit. I'm a Singapore citizen btw.
You will have to re-apply for a new LTVP (new application).

In order to renew a LTVP, the old LTVP needs to be valid for 10 days or more.

You can find more information on the ICA website: https://ltpass.ica.gov.sg/eltsvp/jsp/faq.jsp

Lbib

Re: 1 yr LTVP to Work Permit back to LTVP possible?

Post by Lbib » Thu, 26 Feb 2015 10:14 pm

Still it's in receiving attention status.is there any chance tht it may get rejected

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Feb 2015 11:26 pm

Sure, it's always a possibility, but not very likely. I don't think I'd fret too much. Not good for your health. I know it's hard just sitting there letting your mind work overtime, but the powers that be will take their own sweet time, sometimes just to frustrate us, I do believe. Hang in there.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 27 Feb 2015 12:35 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sure, it's always a possibility, but not very likely. I don't think I'd fret too much. Not good for your health. I know it's hard just sitting there letting your mind work overtime, but the powers that be will take their own sweet time, sometimes just to frustrate us, I do believe. Hang in there.
And if you don't hear before expiry 2 days before expiry, head to ICA with your marriage certificate and your spouse (or as required) and talk to the staff to seek a SVP..