Singapore Expats Forum

Foreign lawyers?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

matt123

Foreign lawyers?

Postby matt123 » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 7:44 pm

Just finishing off an Australian LLB now and speak fluent Indonesian as well...wondering if anyone could recommend any agencies or law firms re employment in Singapore? I do recall a law firm looking for Australian law grads last year to work there as immigration consultants but can't seem to remember their name now.
I do have some other qualifications as well (Grad Dip International Business and Diploma in Risk Management) but primarily interested in law in Singapore. Any advice?

Lurlinedom

Postby Lurlinedom » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 9:26 pm

Most international companies are vrey happy to use Aussie qualified but the qualification is not nearly as important as post qualification experience. I suggest that you focus on what area you are interested in and seek out a job to give you the right experience. If you want an international role or an area with jobs in Singapore then banking and finance would be a good choice however good academics are required so you would have to do well in your finals!