Singapore Expats

Tamil Song lyrics

Events and gatherings of MBA - Members Of Bhartiya Association
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Tamil Song lyrics

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 19 Sep 2014 3:10 pm

My wife wants to know if there is a place online to download lyrics to Tamil songs from the 1950's. (In Tamil) Anybody come across such a site? Can supply me with URLs? Thanks

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Tamil Song lyrics

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 19 Sep 2014 5:46 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:My wife wants to know if there is a place online to download lyrics to Tamil songs from the 1950's. (In Tamil) Anybody come across such a site? Can supply me with URLs? Thanks

sms
1950s ?

not sure if they can be found

though you can try

http://www.paadalvarigal.com/songfilmindex.php

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 20 Sep 2014 12:10 pm

Already checked out that site, but the lyrics are in the Roman Alphabet. The wife is looking for lyrics in Tamil Script. also found a play list of some songs from Tamil movies pre 1960 on Utube but couldn't even find those song titles on that site so I don't know if such a site exists. I'm pretty sure there is a Tamil website in .in that would probably have but I'm never going to be able to negotiate my way around site in Tamil so was hoping somebody here might know of one that I can give the wife to have a look see.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kuruta

Post by kuruta » Tue, 07 Jun 2016 10:47 pm

This might be a good option for you too

http://tamil.lyricstonic.com/

and for hindi songs lyrics => http://lyricstonic.com

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re:

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 13 Jan 2021 1:15 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 20 Sep 2014 12:10 pm
Already checked out that site, but the lyrics are in the Roman Alphabet. The wife is looking for lyrics in Tamil Script. also found a play list of some songs from Tamil movies pre 1960 on Utube but couldn't even find those song titles on that site so I don't know if such a site exists. I'm pretty sure there is a Tamil website in .in that would probably have but I'm never going to be able to negotiate my way around site in Tamil so was hoping somebody here might know of one that I can give the wife to have a look see.
Let us know 2 or 3 songs and we will see if we can find the lyrics in tamil text.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 13 Jan 2021 4:31 pm

Thanks, SF, but our need for that no longer exists. This thread was resurrected by a troll so ended up visible now. I've deleted the spammer (with an Canada IP addy).

Return to “MBA - Members Of Bhartiya Association”