Singapore Expats Forum

25/F moving from the UK in a week

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
britishblondie

25/F moving from the UK in a week

Postby britishblondie » Mon, 15 Sep 2014 6:58 pm

Hi
My name is Vikki and i'm moving out to Singapore alone in a weeks time to start a new job

Looking to meet some new people and make some new friends!

My interests are dancing (ballet tap Jazz dancer), cinema, cocktails, eating out, afternoon tea, shopping, travelling and some sports though Im not so great at more conventional ones, Id prefer to try something like rock-climbing or cycling or anything else interesting that I haven't had a go at before

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Tue, 16 Sep 2014 9:07 am

Welcome to Singapore, britishblondie!

I can introduce you to my social group. We have plenty of people from all over the world. I promise you will feel welcomed :) PM me, and I'll contact you when we have something going on!
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

britishblondie

Postby britishblondie » Tue, 16 Sep 2014 11:41 am

Thanks Akimbo!

AussieChris

Postby AussieChris » Tue, 16 Sep 2014 11:58 am

I'm moving from Australia to Singapore this weekend to take on a new job, perhaps we can meet up as mutual "lost travelers" and discuss how much we miss home together over a coffee?

hyprmeghan

Postby hyprmeghan » Sun, 28 Sep 2014 2:24 pm

I've just moved here from the US for work! If you want someone to adventure with we can explore together! I've actually been looking for someone to travel and rock climb with :) Let me know if you'd like to hang out at all!

hyprmeghan

Postby hyprmeghan » Sun, 28 Sep 2014 4:07 pm

Hey Vikki! I apparently can't respond to PM's yet! But finding housing was definitely the part I was most worried about when I got here. I think I got super lucky and found the perfect housing right away. Check out homie.co if you haven't yet, it worked really well for me. If you want, send me your number or email or something by PM (I get can get them but not respond :/) so we can actually chat a bit!

Hagelslag

Postby Hagelslag » Mon, 29 Sep 2014 10:17 pm

Hi Vikki, Akimbo, Chris and Meghan (and others :-)). I am in Singapore for the upcoming 10 months. I moved here for my job, however... I am keen to explore more than the office and preferably with some friends! I am 27, Dutch, F. Since I am new, I guess I cannot respond to PMs yet? My email is ontbijtbord @ gmail dot com. Hope we can get in touch!

Kes

Postby Kes » Thu, 02 Oct 2014 10:38 am

i setting up a chatgroup in wechat for those who like to chat .....

add me in wechat kes797 and i will add you to the group. :)

DJaye25

Postby DJaye25 » Fri, 10 Oct 2014 6:15 pm

Hey! I'm also looking for housing soon-- I've met another British girl during my search and we're looking to live somewhere in Bugis if you're interested in teaming up with us! I'm 23 female from the US. let me know!

Shirleyaa

Postby Shirleyaa » Fri, 10 Oct 2014 9:54 pm

hi, i have recently moved to Singapore, i can't PM yet, but hope to join you for events soon! Have a great weekend!