Singapore Expats

arrested for theft for first time.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Startie21

Re: arrested for theft for first time.

Post by Startie21 » Fri, 30 Jun 2017 8:46 am

Hi guys need some advise.. My wife went Giant to buy some items but due to her craelessnea she forget to pay 2 items.. She paid For the rest n totally forget to pay the other 2 items.. N now in ang mo kio hq.. IO have not called yet.. Last call was 6 hrs ago..she is 30 n our baby boy born just 1 month ago.. What am I to do..

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 30 Jun 2017 9:22 am

Startie21 wrote:Hi guys need some advise.. My wife went Giant to buy some items but due to her craelessnea she forget to pay 2 items.. She paid For the rest n totally forget to pay the other 2 items.. N now in ang mo kio hq.. IO have not called yet.. Last call was 6 hrs ago..she is 30 n our baby boy born just 1 month ago.. What am I to do..
If she hasn't called for 6 hours you should go down and see if she needs to be bailed. Following that the IO will most likely to continue their investigation and refer the case to the AGC. The AGC will either recommend charges or not.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Startie21

Post by Startie21 » Fri, 30 Jun 2017 9:33 am

Just called ang mo kio hq.. Seems io is handling some cases n will get back only after 1130...what I am worried is if she is charged.. I mean this her 1st offence n it's Nt her intention to steal also as she totally forget. But mistake is an mistake.. What step I should do if she is charged.. Get an lawyer? Go for legal advise?

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Fri, 30 Jun 2017 9:38 am

Have a search here, other people have been in the same situation. If she is charged then do get a lawyer.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 30 Jun 2017 9:56 am

IF you don't understand what is going on please find a solicitor or barrister to assist. No one here is a lawyer and should not be giving legal advice.

Startie21

Post by Startie21 » Fri, 30 Jun 2017 9:59 am

Thanks for the advise guys.. I will definitely do that.. Just waiting for io to call me up.

Startie21

Post by Startie21 » Fri, 30 Jun 2017 11:25 am

Under the bond it's said section 380 cap 224...nothing else.. 2 weeks has to go again... What's the next step I should do... Get an lawyer?

Startie21

Post by Startie21 » Fri, 30 Jun 2017 12:31 pm

Under the bond it's said section 380 cap 224...nothing else.. 2 weeks has to go again... What's the next step I should do... Get an lawyer? If giant Don want drop the case means?

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Tue, 04 Jul 2017 12:08 pm

if your wife genuinely forgot, i don't think you should worry excessively.

in such a case, i'm sure the in-store video will prove it.

but if your wife believes the video may easily allow the viewer to interpret her actions as a blatant case of theft, then i think you should consider consulting a lawyer before she goes back to the police station, or after her next visit...

she should discuss her case with her lawyer. pay for that visit but do not put down a retainer just yet.

she can retain the lawyer's services after she's been charged and wants to fight the case...

who knows, it might just be a fine if she pleads guilty...

there're quite a few threads on this forum about theft.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 04 Jul 2017 12:30 pm

Giant will certainly pursue the case; and in any event they cannot back out now it's in the AGC hands.

Jacktim

Post by Jacktim » Sat, 11 Nov 2017 3:36 pm

Hi guys, i need some advise here. I have been accused as thief S379 C224, due to i pick up a gold neclack and pawn it after few days. My IO is away on leave, the IO that recording my statement and IO that covering are two different persons. I'm first time offense, i don't know the pickup and pawn act are consider thief. This has been strugglering me for can't sleep and eat well recently. Kindly advise should i call up my IO when she return, how likely will i be charge to court? Thanks

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 11 Nov 2017 4:29 pm

Jacktim wrote:Hi guys, i need some advise here. I have been accused as thief S379 C224, due to i pick up a gold neclack and pawn it after few days. My IO is away on leave, the IO that recording my statement and IO that covering are two different persons. I'm first time offense, i don't know the pickup and pawn act are consider thief. This has been strugglering me for can't sleep and eat well recently. Kindly advise should i call up my IO when she return, how likely will i be charge to court? Thanks
Lol.

I finished laughing.

You didn't know it's wrong to pawn away or sell other people stuff ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 11 Nov 2017 4:49 pm

A thief and pawning known stolen property. You are going to go away for a spell, I reckon. Hope you like prison chow.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Jacktim

Post by Jacktim » Sat, 11 Nov 2017 9:49 pm

I really thought it is just as simple as pickup a phone and sell. Never think of so serious ](*,). IO allow me to bail with investigation and ask me to return back the unused money to them next day. It is torturing to wait for 2 weeks for return back police station.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 13 Nov 2017 9:19 am

Jacktim wrote:I really thought it is just as simple as pickup a phone and sell. Never think of so serious ](*,). IO allow me to bail with investigation and ask me to return back the unused money to them next day. It is torturing to wait for 2 weeks for return back police station.
Pick up a phone and sell is still illegal my friend.

That simple ?

You pink IC ?