Singapore Expats

LTVP Renewal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Angelus

LTVP Renewal

Post by Angelus » Sun, 14 Sep 2014 11:04 pm

Last year I was granted a LTVP and soon it will be time for me to ask for a renewal. Since it is the first time I wish to renew my LTVP and the ICA site only provides limited information on renewal I would like to ask those who have more experience with this process for help:

1. I applied for PR back in march but so far the status is still 'pending'. Is it possible to apply for a LTVP renewal, while at the same time having an active PR application with ICA?

2. Is there anything different about the renewal process or is it exactly the same as the first time application? Do we need to re-submit the same (yet updated) documents as last time?

3. Should the LTVP be continuous? Let's say my current LTVP runs out on the first of December but I only go for the formalities (should it be approved) on the 1st of January. Will this be detrimental to my application?

Thanks!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: LTVP Renewal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 14 Sep 2014 11:48 pm

Angelus wrote:Last year I was granted a LTVP and soon it will be time for me to ask for a renewal. Since it is the first time I wish to renew my LTVP and the ICA site only provides limited information on renewal I would like to ask those who have more experience with this process for help: 1. I applied for PR back in march but so far the status is still 'pending'. Is it possible to apply for a LTVP renewal, while at the same time having an active PR application with ICA?
I had an LTVP, and then renewed it, last time I was here 3-4 years ago now. I seem to recall the ICA site outlining what I needed. Hmmm.
I remember it was a subset of the original documentary requirements, and not half as onerous. It was more about updating the status, rather than re-establishing it from scratch.
I can't see that renewing the LTVP conflicts with having a PR application lodged. What's the alternative, leaving the country? I can't see that myself.
Angelus wrote:2. Is there anything different about the renewal process or is it exactly the same as the first time application? Do we need to re-submit the same (yet updated) documents as last time?
As above, but sorry I don't recall further detail now. But ICA on their site surely have to tell you what they need, otherwise how would anyone know what to file?

Angelus wrote:3. Should the LTVP be continuous? Let's say my current LTVP runs out on the first of December but I only go for the formalities (should it be approved) on the 1st of January. Will this be detrimental to my application?
Thanks!
Definitely.
But it's more a case of your case being a renewal rather than an expired LTVP then... lord forbid on reapplication they treat you as a new applicant/everything from scratch again. Keep it in-date, much simpler.

Sorry I can't be more specific, that renewal I did was maybe 4-5 years ago. I just remember the process as being a 'cake-walk formality' compared to the original application.

Good luck.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Tue, 16 Sep 2014 11:26 pm

Thanks JR8 for your reply.

I really can't find an overview of the documents required by ICA on their website. The submission online will ofcourse include some details. I guess it will list the documents to bring if its the same as last time, but it will only list them at the end. Because the information is difficult to find I suspect it's just the same as a new LTVP application. They again ask for my (Singapore) marriage certificate number whilst I submitted that information last time as well. They did not retain this information but did retain my nationality etc.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Fri, 10 Oct 2014 5:33 pm

My LTVP renewal got approved in principal within 2 weeks. 3 weeks faster than expected. However, now the email mentions something about a short term pass being issued on the day I received this IPA email. Does that mean my current LTVP is cancelled effective immediately?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 10 Oct 2014 8:08 pm

Angelus wrote:My LTVP renewal got approved in principal within 2 weeks. 3 weeks faster than expected. However, now the email mentions something about a short term pass being issued on the day I received this IPA email. Does that mean my current LTVP is cancelled effective immediately?
I'd consider it as back-up as opposed to a totally different status. The SVP you've just got is extendible too.

When I received my approval [renewal, despite some time away*] on my LTVP I was, not able to get an appointment to do the formalities from any of those dates that could be chosen on screen.
As I wrote to ICA (e-mail - (and note that the site says allow 5 days for a reply!)):
---------------------------------
Dear Sirs,
I applied for an LTVP, and it has been In-Principle approved.
I am currently on an SVP that expires on 2nd [month/year].
To complete formalities, and collect my LTVP I need to make an online appointment. But there is no availability at all, prior to 9th same month].
Can you advise if I can extend my SVP online, in order that I can then book an available appointment online? Otherwise, what do I do?
Many thanks,

----------------------------------

However to renew your SVP online, it has to have something like a minimum 7 day validity remaining, and I was too late for that. As I then observed to my wife a few days later [angry].
-----------------------------------
Right:
We have to go to ICA, so I can arrange an extension to my SVP.
So that we can then go back home, and I can try and book an online appointment to collect my already approved LTVP
So *we* can go back to ICA once again for me to collect it.
Yep, you read that right!

------------------------------------

[Her reply, not printable in front of a family audience...]

-------------------------------------
Their reply:
'Dear Sir/Madam,
Reference to your email dated xx/yy/2013
We have noted your concern and all our e appts are fully booked, however base on the expiry of svp pass you may wish to come in person and request for a "walk-in" queue number for the Completion of Formalities, on xx/yy/2013 or yy/xx/2013 @0800-900am.
Do remember to come with the approval letter and all the required documents (original and photocopy) and forms (duly completed and signed).
Also, please note that the waiting time is expected to be longer for walk-in customers, as priority will be given to e-appointment holders. Do note that the collection of the Long-Term Visit Pass may or may not be on the same day.
Please print this email for reference.

-------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

And indeed it was quite a day, We got their early and didn't leave until after lunch.

You don't reproduce the wording of your approval, however I suspect the SVP it is to help you navigate any problems such as the above, and ensure you're not left hanging with the threat of being 'without legal status'.

* It seems as if, even if you go away for several years and return, if you have previously held an LTVP, then they treat a new application for an LTVP as a renewal, not a 'fresh from square 1' application. That surprised me, and makes it simpler! I recall that this was not very clear, and I went through all the hoops from scratch. Their reply was roughly: Oh no, you didn't have to do all of that again, just apply for a renewal.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Fri, 10 Oct 2014 10:13 pm

Alright, thank you for your big reply. I guess you might be right because my current LTVP expires before the 2 month period you have to complete the formalities is up. It is still valid for 1 more month though. The short term visit pass 'extension' is exactly the 2 month period to cover the formalities. My issue is that I plan to spend a day in JB tomorrow and just don't want to run into any difficulties when crossing the border and coming back. Normally I just scan my passport and it's fine. But this stvp got me doubting.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Tue, 14 Oct 2014 4:56 pm

Just in case anyone else ever has the same question. I called ICA to ask them about leaving and coming back on my old, still valid, LTVP and if it would cause any issues. Basically it came down to the person on the phone not knowing if it would. Her answer was just try and see what happens. However, she suspected the SVP that was granted would be revoked upon leaving Singapore. But she couldn't say unequivocally if the present LTVP is still valid until the date on the back of the card.

vsasks

Post by vsasks » Thu, 23 Oct 2014 2:12 am

Yes you can apply for LTVP and PR at the same time. Did that for my spouse and she got both approved.

You lau

Post by You lau » Sun, 02 Apr 2017 1:26 pm

Hi. Does anyone had the same problem with me when I applying renew ltvp they said I am eligible to apply e-vp and ask me to go down to ica personally.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: LTVP Renewal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 02 Apr 2017 8:16 pm

You lau wrote:Hi. Does anyone had the same problem with me when I applying renew ltvp they said I am eligible to apply e-vp and ask me to go down to ica personally.
Meaning ?

You lau

Post by You lau » Mon, 03 Apr 2017 6:34 am

Meaning to say that. When I applying through online. They said I'm not eligible to apply through e-vp. They ask me to go down to visitors service center
Last edited by You lau on Mon, 03 Apr 2017 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

You lau

Post by You lau » Mon, 03 Apr 2017 10:53 am

You lau wrote:Meaning to say that. When I applying through online. They said I'm not eligible to apply through e-vp. They ask me to go down to visitors service center

vanessagan

Post by vanessagan » Thu, 04 Oct 2018 4:32 pm

Hi,i just want to ask if i can renew my long term pass already?my ltvp will expired nextyear MArch 2019.thanks

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 04 Oct 2018 5:14 pm

vanessagan wrote:Hi,i just want to ask if i can renew my long term pass already?my ltvp will expired nextyear MArch 2019.thanks

https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permi ... new-a-pass