Singapore Expats

Ghosts ........ Yes or No?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 6:11 pm

Yeah. I lived in a 500+ year old house, a former coaching-inn, and I think I saw a ghost. I could describe him, and the experience to you, as precisely as if it were yesterday. It's very hard to express, as I can't express it in logical terms...

My parents and their friends used to play the 'ouija board' and have seances at parties with their friends. I think it was highly fashionable in the late 60s/70s. I've heard several stories emanating of those nights... ... yeaaaah, roll me another one mahn...

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 6:18 pm

Max Headroom wrote:I've seen a couple of things in my life, two of which in Singapore, that truly defied logic, common sense and every single measure of rationality I can think of.
I've also encountered things that defy logic, common sense and every single measure of rationality. In fact I experience them every single day in Singapore. Unfortunately, they have absolutely nothing to do with the supernatural...
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 6:25 pm

I stare in wonder at the daily loonies that wonder up the fast lane of the road for 400m ... just so they can save 5m off their journey.

Deathwish-central.

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Max Headroom » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 7:27 pm

By mentioning my science degree, I tried to (evidently rather unsuccessfully) imply that I, personally, am inclined to need to see some sort of tangible proof that anything paranormal exists before I can be a believer.

Even the few inexplicable experiences I mentioned above aren't enough to sway me; I tend to think there must be a rational explanation that I've missed.

Basically, by default, I don't believe in Casper. But obviously I'm not omniscient, so on the off-chance there is something unearthly going on, I'm hedging my bets.

Hence "maybe".

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Max Headroom » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 7:29 pm

Addadude wrote:
Max Headroom wrote:I've seen a couple of things in my life, two of which in Singapore, that truly defied logic, common sense and every single measure of rationality I can think of.
I've also encountered things that defy logic, common sense and every single measure of rationality. In fact I experience them every single day in Singapore. Unfortunately, they have absolutely nothing to do with the supernatural...
Hahaha!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 8:30 pm

Addadude wrote:
^^ This!!!!!! LOL
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ghosts ........ Yes or No?

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 9:45 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
Barnsley wrote:Apparently 1 in 5 Singapore based travellers experience ghosts whilst travelling :shock: :shock: :shock:

Asias Number One News Portal

I believe we cant link the actual article.

article/interests/zuji-poll-1-in-5-singapore-based-travellers-encounter-ghosts-while-travelling
there are few buildings apparently haunted

in one of them (key point) a colleague mentioned she felt it strongly ... I mean the presence ...

and likewise when a female friend's unwashed undies and bras were going missing when she went to police first thing she was told is 'it is the seventh month, maybe you are just imagining a ghost as they come out on the 7th month' ....
Probably just had a male Japanese neighbour. :lol:
the undie thief was caught and his name splashed in the local newspaper

he was a local who had fetish for used women's stuff and was trading in them also, it turned out

as for many other things that defy logic in SG, LOL :D

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 10:48 pm

ecureilx wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
ecureilx wrote: there are few buildings apparently haunted

in one of them (key point) a colleague mentioned she felt it strongly ... I mean the presence ...

and likewise when a female friend's unwashed undies and bras were going missing when she went to police first thing she was told is 'it is the seventh month, maybe you are just imagining a ghost as they come out on the 7th month' ....
Probably just had a male Japanese neighbour. :lol:
the undie thief was caught and his name splashed in the local newspaper

he was a local who had fetish for used women's stuff and was trading in them also, it turned out

as for many other things that defy logic in SG, LOL :D
That's a big business in Japan from what I understand.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 12 Sep 2014 7:31 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote: That's a big business in Japan from what I understand.
Used girls undies. They have vending machines that sell them too...

[Check Youtube .... can't verify these as YT is down for me right now...
refer also ... http://www.oddee.com/item_96684.aspx]