The American "Deep State"

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Post Reply
User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11504
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

The American "Deep State"

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 09 Sep 2014 10:25 am

Perhaps less meaningful to those not living in its midst.

http://billmoyers.com/2014/02/21/anatom ... eep-state/

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16521
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: The American "Deep State"

Post by JR8 » Tue, 09 Sep 2014 4:20 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:Perhaps less meaningful to those not living in its midst.
http://billmoyers.com/2014/02/21/anatom ... eep-state/
Very thought provoking. It's got to irk the American people as they believe they are more free than perhaps the majority of other countries [people vs state, the Constitution, and so on].

But I'm sure this 'parallel system' is by no means unique to the US. The article mentions UK-GCHQ and that's existed for decades (I had a friend who's wife worked there, 30 years ago...). So you can be pretty certain that what's happening in the States is happening in other places.

Even SG had auto/passive phone-call voice recognition/key-word/tracking,and that was 30 years ago... add in facial recognition CCTV on the streets, multiple cards that carry RFIDS, SIM cards/internet connections registered vs your ID. It's hard to believe the state don't know what people are going to be thinking in the next few days...

User avatar
Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 862
Joined: Fri, 26 May 2006 12:37 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Darkest Telok Blangah

Post by Addadude » Tue, 09 Sep 2014 5:36 pm

...and let's not talk about that BCG jab that everyone gets. I mean should such a simple innoculation really leave such a big scar or was there something else implanted at the same time? Hmmm.... :shock:
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16521
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Tue, 09 Sep 2014 5:41 pm

Addadude wrote:...and let's not talk about that BCG jab that everyone gets. I mean should such a simple innoculation really leave such a big scar or was there something else implanted at the same time? Hmmm.... :shock:
Yeah! I don't have a scar. Here they're huge. They laughingly refer to them as 'keloid scars', oh yah, hahaha, think you'll fool us!?



;

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1988
Joined: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 5:01 pm

Post by earthfriendly » Tue, 09 Sep 2014 11:41 pm

Asians scarred more easily, the doctor will tell you during surgery.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6869
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Once more unto the breach

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 10 Sep 2014 12:02 am

JR8 wrote:
Addadude wrote:...and let's not talk about that BCG jab that everyone gets. I mean should such a simple innoculation really leave such a big scar or was there something else implanted at the same time? Hmmm.... :shock:
Yeah! I don't have a scar. Here they're huge. They laughingly refer to them as 'keloid scars', oh yah, hahaha, think you'll fool us!?



;
I'd highly suggest not going to the wiki page for Keloid if you're squeamish.

User avatar
Brah
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1965
Joined: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 2:59 pm

Post by Brah » Wed, 10 Sep 2014 8:11 pm

Thanks for posting that link SE, am keen to ready it but need to set time aside for that, looks like commute reading.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests