Singapore Expats

how to appeal if a dependant pass is rejected - Please help

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
venre

how to appeal if a dependant pass is rejected - Please help

Post by venre » Thu, 04 Sep 2014 11:52 am

Hi,
I applied DP for my wife as an individual and it got rejected.
We submitted all the necessary documents but we don understand why it got rejected.We tried calling MOM for reason but no response.
Please help on how to find the reason and appeal for the same.

Thanks.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: how to appeal if a dependant pass is rejected - Please h

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 04 Sep 2014 12:37 pm

venre wrote:Hi,
I applied DP for my wife as an individual and it got rejected.
We submitted all the necessary documents but we don understand why it got rejected.We tried calling MOM for reason but no response.
Please help on how to find the reason and appeal for the same.

Thanks.
from what I know, if there is a printed form for DP, fill it and post it, with all required documents an Pray MOM reviews it

that's the only way to appeal, as of now.

does your basic pay exceed the required minimum pay for DP ?

no, MOM now rarely give reasons for rejection

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 04 Sep 2014 12:41 pm

The facts of the matter would give us something to go on.

AuntieMabel

Post by AuntieMabel » Thu, 04 Sep 2014 9:53 pm

I thought DP approval was more or less a formality?

I'm curious as I'm about to apply for a DP for my husband.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 04 Sep 2014 10:12 pm

Flock of seagulls.

Awk awk awk!!!!

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by AngMoG » Fri, 05 Sep 2014 10:13 am

You need to earn min $4k per month in salary (not including bonus or commission!) to get a DP for your husband/wife/child. If you do not, your application will be rejected.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 05 Sep 2014 11:23 am

AngMoG wrote:You need to earn min $4k per month in salary (not including bonus or commission!) to get a DP for your husband/wife/child. If you do not, your application will be rejected.
err..... unlike in olden days when DP/LOC to work while on DP etc were mere formalities, satisfying the pay alone doesn't now guarantee approval.

AuntieMabel

Post by AuntieMabel » Fri, 05 Sep 2014 2:05 pm

Oh. What's the criteria now then?

Been working on the assumption that, now I have my EP, getting my husband's is going to be fine (I earn rather more than $4k, though).

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by AngMoG » Fri, 05 Sep 2014 2:22 pm

ecureilx wrote:
AngMoG wrote:You need to earn min $4k per month in salary (not including bonus or commission!) to get a DP for your husband/wife/child. If you do not, your application will be rejected.
err..... unlike in olden days when DP/LOC to work while on DP etc were mere formalities, satisfying the pay alone doesn't now guarantee approval.
Yup. But earning below gives certain rejection, which was my point.

AuntieMabel, I am not sure anybody can answer your question satisfactorily at this point. As with other visa issues in SG nowadays, the process and the criteria are very opaque, and depend on a number of factors. Without knowing more about you and your husband other than the fact that you are earning more than $4K, it is rather difficult for anyone to give an answer.

This kind of crap is one of the reasons I left Singapore...

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Fri, 05 Sep 2014 3:58 pm

AuntieMabel wrote:I thought DP approval was more or less a formality.
Obtaining Employment Passes and Dependents Passes has never been a 'formality'. In the past it may have been more of a 'given' that a DP would be forthcoming in the appropriate circumstances, but it has always been at the discretion of the folks at MOM. Nowadays they appear to be exercising this discretion in a more nuanced way.
AngMoG wrote:AuntieMabel, I am not sure anybody can answer your question satisfactorily at this point. As with other visa issues in SG nowadays, the process and the criteria are very opaque, and depend on a number of factors. Without knowing more about you and your husband other than the fact that you are earning more than $4K, it is rather difficult for anyone to give an answer.

This kind of crap is one of the reasons I left Singapore...
I know what you mean, but the process has always been opaque; it's just that it's even less predictable now. The authorities will always want to keep their flexibility, in order to tweak the numbers of people (including dependents) in various categories coming into the country. Even more so now, given the rabid baying of the anti-foreigner contingent among the citizenry. I'm also glad that I no longer have to deal with that stuff.
Be careful what you wish for

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 05 Sep 2014 5:52 pm

AuntieMabel wrote:Oh. What's the criteria now then?

Been working on the assumption that, now I have my EP, getting my husband's is going to be fine (I earn rather more than $4k, though).
http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... ligibility
Dependant's Pass - Before you apply

Eligibility

Employment Pass holders, and S Pass holders with a fixed monthly salary of at least $4,000may apply for Dependant’s Passes for their:

Does not mean it's a given.

spouses (legally married)
unmarried children under 21 years of age, including those legally adopted.
Documents Required

These documents and information are required for Dependant’s Pass applications:

Dependant’s Pass application form

Download Dependant’s Pass Application Form

The applicant must be sponsored by a well-established Singapore-registered company, normally the employer of the Employment or S Pass holder.
The form must be endorsed with the company's stamp or seal, and signed by the applicant and an authorised officer from the sponsoring company.

A parent’s signature is required for children aged 16 years and below.
Photograph of the applicant (passport-sized and taken within last three months)
Personal particulars page of applicant’s passport/travel document
(For children who share the same passport/travel document with the parent, the personal particulars page of the parent’s passport/travel document must also be submitted.)
Another thing to take into consideration is how long you have been married. and where he is from. No, I don't have a clue as to which countries are on the undesirable list but we do know of some, including some around the middle east.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

AuntieMabel

Post by AuntieMabel » Sun, 07 Sep 2014 12:25 am

Apologies to the opening poster for hijacking the thread!

On the basis of what's you've said I'm not concerned that my husband's DP is likely to be rejected - we're both British, have been married several years, reasonably high earners, clean records, postgrad degree from a decent UK university, etc.

I've got a question about logistics, however. To avoid paying S$500 for a relocation firm to do it for us, we decided to submit his DP application ourselves. My EP was approved last week (took two days, there's efficient!), so I am leaving shortly. I've only just noticed individuals can't use EP online, so (unless I'm mistaken) I'll need to do it manually, handing it in at SingPost after my work has signed/stamped it.

Is it ok to arrive on a normal visitor's visa while his application is in process? I'll do it as soon as I arrive (without him) - he is due to follow about a month after me, though, so it might still be in process.

All the forms/guidance seem to suggest there's an expectation one might already be in the country when one applies - is that the case?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 07 Sep 2014 12:00 pm

AuntieMabel wrote: Is it ok to arrive on a normal visitor's visa while his application is in process? I'll do it as soon as I arrive (without him) - he is due to follow about a month after me, though, so it might still be in process.
?
your husband can arrive here on the 30/90 day arrival visa.

doesn't matter if he is here or not!!!!

approval is pretty fast.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sun, 07 Sep 2014 4:04 pm

ecureilx wrote:approval is pretty fast.
It's more accurate to say "Processing of the application is pretty fast." One should never assume that an approval will definitely be forthcoming. Probably a good chance in this case (IMHO), but in the current climate it's not advisable to behave as if it's a 100% certainty.
Be careful what you wish for

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 07 Sep 2014 10:13 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:
ecureilx wrote:approval is pretty fast.
It's more accurate to say "Processing of the application is pretty fast." One should never assume that an approval will definitely be forthcoming. Probably a good chance in this case (IMHO), but in the current climate it's not advisable to behave as if it's a 100% certainty.
thanks for the reminder :D :D

I needed that I guess ;) ;)