Singapore Expats

Finding work as an expatriate in the S.E.Asia region, the di

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Mon, 01 Sep 2014 4:19 pm

Or use linkedIn and cut out the middleman :wink:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 01 Sep 2014 5:14 pm

Is it an unpaid advertisement?

Oh dear, I don't think I'd trust him with finding me a job.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 01 Sep 2014 5:44 pm

Frankly, all he is saying is what all western based recruiters do, for the most part. It's only in Asia where they just collect CVs and wait for a JD where they get a match. What he is professing is something than anybody worth his salt as a recruiter does anyway. But I guess, when times are bad one has to resort to trying to baffle our readers with BS when he's not able to dazzle us with brilliance. Frankly, as a former headhunter myself, I think he is missing the mark and trying to slide in a advertisement, but as a moderator, I'm already wise to the tricks of the trade as are most of our regulars here. Good luck Joe. You are going to need it to stay here unscathed. :cool:

Additionally, he didn't even bother to proof his message that he cut and pasted from an html page which is why you get things like 'cv’s' in your copy and paste. I wonder if he even wrote it?

NB: yeah, he probably wrote it and took it from his page on LinkedIn. He's a freelance recruiter based in Thailand and flogging himself all over the internet.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers