Singapore Expats

EP Rejection and new application - please help

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 29 Aug 2014 12:22 pm

Wd40 wrote:I mean, imagine name of the employer "ANZ Singapore LTD" salary 15K and if the industry classification is Maid Agency, even a high school boy will know its an error. Considering the Justifications given, the person who handled your case at MoM was really dumb, if he/she was a person, that is.
But it's not in the script!
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 29 Aug 2014 12:28 pm

Wd40 wrote:I wonder whether there humans approving/rejecting EP applications or machines.

I mean, imagine name of the employer "ANZ Singapore LTD" salary 15K and if the industry classification is Maid Agency, even a high school boy will know its an error. Considering the Justifications given, the person who handled your case at MoM was really dumb, if he/she was a person, that is.
'Wah pay so much for someone so young ah. Not even graduates. Wah, so unfairs hor.

Oh look dey makes an errors. Hahahaha... oh so solly REJECK leh!! :lol: '

:roll:

aus-sing

Post by aus-sing » Fri, 29 Aug 2014 12:49 pm

Well it's not surprising it was rejected even based on this obvious error. MoM is very black and white and I assume will only use standard "scripted" reasons for rejection. I've discovered it's not like what might happen here where they would give you a call and ask for confirmation. But the agency acted so carelessly.

Can anyone confirm what is meant by this question in the EP CPF No and Industry classification form just so I'm absolutely certain that it was an error? It is located in Step 2 (Application Information), Section C b).
Benny

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 29 Aug 2014 12:55 pm

aus-sing wrote:they would give you a call and ask for confirmation.
I concur; happened to me several times. I received calls basically to the tune of "So, you really mean this and that? Yeah? Ok, we'll just correct this for you."
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

GSM8
Chatter
Chatter

Post by GSM8 » Fri, 29 Aug 2014 2:15 pm

Maybe they located the local candidate (whom they went ahead and hired for for less pay) after they made you a confirmed offer. Rather than deal with potential legal implications stemming from reneging on a signed contract, having EP rejected was an easy way out.

In no way condoning such an approach, and not even suggesting that was what actually happened, but it seems somewhat plausible.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 29 Aug 2014 4:12 pm

Wd40 wrote:.
I mean, imagine name of the employer "ANZ Singapore LTD" salary 15K and if the industry classification is Maid Agency, even a high school boy will know its an error. Considering the Justifications given, the person who handled your case at MoM was really dumb, if he/she was a person, that is.
so, just wondering, so, MOM has to vet applications if they are right?

Years ago when there was manual submission only available, they used to verify each page/document

since online submission isn't it the agent who has to be careful than blaming MOM?

faster and efficient now, vs the 2 months plus norm during paper submission, and expecting MOM to employ more staff to verify failed applications is it??

and those days EP used to take, sometimes, 3 months plus, for approval,renewal, and there was no vetting etc involved ...

a friend recently submitted an EP application, short of the 14 day waiting period, got promptly rejected, and when she went over to MOM the officer had asked nicely if she expects MOM to count days too ...

PS, even a high school kid will know, if you are elsewhere

in Singapore some of the company names I have seen nearly infringe on trade mark/copy rights, so I will not decide ANZ = large bank

do you know there was/ is a comfort maid agency, for a start? nothing to do with NTUC.

and a CitiTrading or so, nothing to do with Citi Group ..

so how ?
Last edited by ecureilx on Fri, 29 Aug 2014 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 29 Aug 2014 4:17 pm

aus-sing wrote:.
Can anyone confirm what is meant by this question in the EP CPF No and Industry classification form just so I'm absolutely certain that it was an error? It is located in Step 2 (Application Information), Section C b).
those info are filled by the employer, not relevant to you.

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Fri, 29 Aug 2014 4:31 pm

GSM8 wrote:Maybe they located the local candidate (whom they went ahead and hired for for less pay) after they made you a confirmed offer. Rather than deal with potential legal implications stemming from reneging on a signed contract, having EP rejected was an easy way out.
Typical Asian, "face-saving" way of wriggling out of a difficult situation. Entirely plausible!

here4good

Post by here4good » Fri, 29 Aug 2014 4:39 pm

I am wondering if it is such a good and reputable employer, how could they have made such big mistakes...

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 29 Aug 2014 10:41 pm

here4good wrote:I am wondering if it is such a good and reputable employer, how could they have made such big mistakes...
I don't at all. I can't tell you the confusion having a PEP caused for both my HR department (giant well known MNC with lots of people in SG) and Santa Fe, the local agency they used to process EPs etc.