Singapore Expats

Eagles Gathering on 12 September - location?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 4:02 pm

I am not going to make it too. Again Saint and myself are not invited and I am not even the bar owner.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 4:15 pm

Aiyoh! Next time I'll have to send out specially engraved invitations, RSVP and the whole lot! :devil:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 4:37 pm

Actually, this one is on very short notice. Next time we'll try to give it 3 or 4 weeks to jell instead just shy of two weeks. I'm for trying No. 5 as it does also have outdoor seating as well if required. What say ye? Leave it open till lunchtime tomorrow?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 4:52 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
JR8 wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:how about No 5 Emerald Hill opp Somerset 313? they have 1 for 1 martinis's past 9p.m and they are quite good, the other things they have are great mutton samosas and chicken wings, and there's ice cold beer next to that place as well and you can throw peanut shells on the floor.
Feck me, is it still there?
That's an old haunt from 20 years ago ...
If so, suits me, central, very convenient transport-wise...
yep still there and so is ice cold beer next door, and another wine place in between, all run by the same management and they share a common kitchen. its somehow buried by the great orchard crowd wildebeest migration

Oh issit? Yah they did all sort of sprout up together at the same time. The middle one is er, a Spanish tapas place I think.

@ SMS
re: pricing. Kindly refer...
'[UPDATED] Get drunk without going broke: Singapore's cheapest happy hours - See more at: http://is.asia-city.com/nightlife/news/ ... 0VXuk.dpuf'

and

http://www.citynomads.com/reviews/bars/ ... -singapore

and see what you think...

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 5:37 pm

As I will be having a early night tomorrow (by my daughter's request), it can't do too much damage to my wallet I don't guess. I've got to be at my daughter's new flat at 9:30 tomorrow morning for a blessing of the flat by my son-in-law's priest. (Orthodox Syrian Church???) Hope it's not a long drawn out affair like their church services (~4 hours!). I'm okay with No. 5.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 5:42 pm

Home by 3 should be good, and you can anoint the youngster (or what ever they do) with the remnants of the bottle of 'wheskee' you carry home...

:wink: :lol: :cool:

GSM8
Chatter
Chatter

Post by GSM8 » Fri, 12 Sep 2014 9:17 am

I'm looking forward to the gathering this evening. What time does it start and how would one recognize the rest? :wave:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 12 Sep 2014 11:53 am

I think No. 5 will be it. I should be there around 8'ish as I drove to work this morning and will have to go home and then take the MRT. I'm short ~1.7m and will be wearing black jeans & black polo shirt. Skinhead with a trim beard. We've not heard from lots of regulars but maybe they will see or not. I've heard No. 5 can get damned crowded so let's see how.....

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 12 Sep 2014 12:10 pm

GSM8 wrote:I'm looking forward to the gathering this evening. What time does it start and how would one recognize the rest? :wave:
If it's like last time, the early arrivals will be there and posting the precise locations-tables before the later ones arrive...

I don't recall no.5 as being crowded, quite the opposite in fact but maybe it's changed. But if you have a mob w/access to this forum whilst en-route there, you'll be fine.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 12 Sep 2014 12:16 pm

I will arrive fashionably late... :( i have to fulfill some last minute obligations, till what time do you guys plan to be at No.5 ?
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 12 Sep 2014 12:26 pm

Good question. The road to hell is always paved with good intentions! :devil:

hotandhumid

Post by hotandhumid » Fri, 12 Sep 2014 1:15 pm

pardon my ignorance, but could someone please tell me what this whole thing is about? Thanks, HaH
Lets air-condition the entire island please

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 12 Sep 2014 2:11 pm

It's a gathering, by invitation, of long time contributors/members of the board.

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Fri, 12 Sep 2014 7:09 pm

leaving now to number 5 whatever that is!!!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 12 Sep 2014 7:18 pm

Steve1960 wrote:leaving now to number 5 whatever that is!!!!
It used to be a very pleasant bar, part way up on the left. I hope it still is lol. There used to be a fantastic Malay restaurant almost opposite owned by a TV chef... totally sedap, but long gone IIRC.

I'm leaving in 5 too. So 'see ya laters' :)