Singapore Expats

Eagles Gathering on 12 September - location?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Mon, 08 Sep 2014 2:18 pm

In HK myself on Sep 12

movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter

Post by movingtospore » Mon, 08 Sep 2014 8:12 pm

I can't believe I've missed every single one of these two years or so and counting.

Oh well.

Kid's party. Sorry!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:24 am

So where are we going tomorrow? Viet 5 or back to Boat Quay. I'm flexible either way and makes no difference to me.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:34 am

I'm easy. Food +/- tuck +/- cigars +/- good company just - all these dudes trying to beat on me pls ... lol...

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 12:03 pm

I will join too if you guys don't mind me once again.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Eagles Gathering on 12 September - location?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 12:16 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Okay. Next gathering of the EAGLES will be on the 12th of September.

Location needs to be central and reasonable. Open to suggestions.

Sure like to see a gathering like this one!

SMS
Steve1960
martincymru
JR8
nutnut
The Ref
GSM8
rajagainstthemachine
Aster
Beeroclock
BillyB
Grumpy77
Asian_Geekette
Brah
durain
iloverice
Girl_Next_Door
Intellectualsmuse
katbh
morenangpinay
the Lynx
Barnsley
Addadude
Hannieroo
Sergei82
ecureilx
OSOD/PNGMK
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Thu, 11 Sep 2014 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 1:11 pm

So any ideas on location? I am a home husband (when I am not in the office or travelling) so have no clue about the bar scene outside of Boat / Clarke Quay.

Looking for some inspiration from the bar night crawlers.....................allegedly, I am sure you just use Google it's not from personal experience :wink:

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 1:24 pm

I won't be free for this gathering I'm afraid. Have fun. (But not too much fun...)
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 2:15 pm

how about No 5 Emerald Hill opp Somerset 313? they have 1 for 1 martinis's past 9p.m and they are quite good, the other things they have are great mutton samosas and chicken wings, and there's ice cold beer next to that place as well and you can throw peanut shells on the floor.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 2:34 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:how about No 5 Emerald Hill opp Somerset 313? they have 1 for 1 martinis's past 9p.m and they are quite good, the other things they have are great mutton samosas and chicken wings, and there's ice cold beer next to that place as well and you can throw peanut shells on the floor.
Feck me, is it still there?
That's an old haunt from 20 years ago ...

If so, suits me, central, very convenient transport-wise...

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 3:00 pm

JR8 wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:how about No 5 Emerald Hill opp Somerset 313? they have 1 for 1 martinis's past 9p.m and they are quite good, the other things they have are great mutton samosas and chicken wings, and there's ice cold beer next to that place as well and you can throw peanut shells on the floor.
Feck me, is it still there?
That's an old haunt from 20 years ago ...

If so, suits me, central, very convenient transport-wise...
yep still there and so is ice cold beer next door, and another wine place in between, all run by the same management and they share a common kitchen. its somehow buried by the great orchard crowd wildebeest migration

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 3:26 pm

Is it one of those $12-15/mug beer joints? :o or something a bit more reasonable? I thought everything in there was "boutique" prices?

Granted it is central and accessible. In fact we used to have it down @ the hawker centre on Cavenagh Road at the end of the Concord/Meridian Hotel.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 3:31 pm

I might not be able to make it. Sorry.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 3:37 pm

Would be understandable. THIS TIME! :P

Welcome back. :wink:

Sporkin
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sporkin » Thu, 11 Sep 2014 3:51 pm

Sorry for the butt in, I hang around there quite often.

They have the daily till 9pm happy hour prices, some bottled lagers( San Miguel,
Asahi etc) at 3 for $22, London pride and Stella drafts I forget the price but its acceptable during Happy hours. Of course the fantastic overpriced fortified Belgian darks. Blimey those and whiskeys do not mix.

Sque @ Central has very decent draft pint prices. From 5-7pm and 9pm - 11pm, drafts are at $18 1-for-1, $9 bucks a pint.

Apparently Emerald Hill group is doing pretty well, they bought the shop-houses they're operating in and then some.

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Is it one of those $12-15/mug beer joints? :o or something a bit more reasonable? I thought everything in there was "boutique" prices?

Granted it is central and accessible. In fact we used to have it down @ the hawker centre on Cavenagh Road at the end of the Concord/Meridian Hotel.