Singapore Expats

Referring You To The Latest Airline Recruitment Ad

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 26 Aug 2014 1:23 am

Barnsley wrote:Any chance when we are talking about airlines we can call them by their name and not their 2 character call sign or whatever the terminology is.

I havent a clue what almost all of the 2 character call signs mentioned are.

:shock: :shock: :D :D
SQ = Singapore Airlines
MH = Malaysia Airlines
MI = Silk Air
TG = Thai Airways
TR = Tiger Airlines (Singapore)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airline_codes-All

Mexikaner
Regular
Regular

Post by Mexikaner » Tue, 26 Aug 2014 9:30 am

Am I the only one who finds it stupid that they would post an ad on an EXPAT forum, and then indicate 'foreigners need not apply'?!?!

Or what is the deal with this 'Airline jobs' thread/page on Singaporeexpats.com?
"Lebe deinen Traum"

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 26 Aug 2014 9:31 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
Barnsley wrote:Any chance when we are talking about airlines we can call them by their name and not their 2 character call sign or whatever the terminology is.

I havent a clue what almost all of the 2 character call signs mentioned are.

:shock: :shock: :D :D
SQ = Singapore Airlines
MH = Malaysia Airlines
MI = Silk Air
TG = Thai Airways
TR = Tiger Airlines (Singapore)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airline_codes-All
Ta!.

I think a few folk refer to Singapore Airlines as SQ , but I can safely say I have never heard anyone I know say they are flying any of the others without refering to the actual name of the Airline.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 26 Aug 2014 11:15 am

Mexikaner wrote:Am I the only one who finds it stupid that they would post an ad on an EXPAT forum, and then indicate 'foreigners need not apply'?!?!

Or what is the deal with this 'Airline jobs' thread/page on Singaporeexpats.com?
They didn't post an ad to the forum. A link was provided by one of the people wanting to become cabin crew.

Mexikaner
Regular
Regular

Post by Mexikaner » Tue, 26 Aug 2014 11:34 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
Mexikaner wrote:Am I the only one who finds it stupid that they would post an ad on an EXPAT forum, and then indicate 'foreigners need not apply'?!?!

They didn't post an ad to the forum. A link was provided by one of the people wanting to become cabin crew.
mmmh...of course I wasn't referring to the airline posting in this forum, I meant the OP who did it...

anyway...
"Lebe deinen Traum"

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 26 Aug 2014 12:45 pm

Mexikaner wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:

mmmh...of course I wasn't referring to the airline posting in this forum, I meant the OP who did it...

anyway...
I'm not sure what possesses people to clamor for cabin crew positions... long hours, low pay, somebody has to clean the toilets on those long haul flights and it aint the passengers.

All sorts of leads get posted on a frequent basis... content is rarely examined by the OP.

As for SilkAir posting the ad... looking for cheap candidates to fill in for high turnover... and you'll notice you need a full length pic as well... wouldn't want any ugly f*ckers serving you your glass of OJ on the way to KL.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Tue, 26 Aug 2014 1:08 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
I'm not sure what possesses people to clamor for cabin crew positions... long hours, low pay, somebody has to clean the toilets on those long haul flights and it aint the passengers.
The glamour, the jet set lifestyle, the excitement of international travel, the duty free, chance to score a pilot... :wink: