Singapore Expats

E-appointment calendar full until feb 2015?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
fsx

E-appointment calendar full until feb 2015?

Post by fsx » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 3:44 pm

Hi,

I noticed this today after trying to make an appointment to hand over the documentation for PR application. The appointment calendar is fully 'booked' right up to feb 2015, after which it changes to 'not available yet'. Obviously I'd like to start my application a bit earlier, so should I just go there in person to try and make an appointment? How did you guys go about doing this?

Thanks!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: E-appointment calendar full until feb 2015?

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 4:10 pm

fsx wrote:Hi,

I noticed this today after trying to make an appointment to hand over the documentation for PR application. The appointment calendar is fully 'booked' right up to feb 2015, after which it changes to 'not available yet'. Obviously I'd like to start my application a bit earlier, so should I just go there in person to try and make an appointment? How did you guys go about doing this?

Thanks!
You should either wait for some more time after which the calendar for march 2015 will be open or check once in a while the existing booked appointment list, in which you will see some vacant appointments if someone cancels. But, usually cancellations are closer to the date of application

fsx

Post by fsx » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks for your reply. So going there in person and just trying my luck would have absolutely no chance?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 8:26 pm

:lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

fsx

Post by fsx » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 8:36 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote::lol:
It's not that ridiculous of an idea is it? I don't expect to go there and be helped on the spot mind you, I just thought there might be a chance for an appointment earlier than next year. Cos that's literally what their online calendar shows at the moment. I guess I'm just SOL otherwise.

Bakulii
Regular
Regular

Post by Bakulii » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 11:04 pm

fsx wrote:Hi,

Thanks!
You can send them an email to request for an appointment, explaining that there are no slots available online. They will reply within a few days with some proposed dates/time......that's what happened to me previously.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:05 am

With LTVP you can make an appointment or try your luck and go as a walk-in.

They say if you do the latter, arrive absolutely first thing, and expect to be hanging around the whole day.

I believe the idea is that upon arrival walk-ins are put in an informal queue to take the slots of any 'no-shows'. Rather like flying standby.

Maybe check the ICA site to see how they describe it for the LTVP, and then see if they suggest anything similar for PR.

p.s. Keep in mind though that I think ICA keep the PR queues veeery long, not least to test the applicant's commitment.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:25 pm

JR8 wrote:
Maybe check the ICA site to see how they describe it for the LTVP, and then see if they suggest anything similar for PR.
PR application submission is only by appointment and there is no direct entry even if there is a vacancy due to some one not showing up.

joannajane
Regular
Regular

Post by joannajane » Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:44 pm

fsx wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote::lol:
It's not that ridiculous of an idea is it? I don't expect to go there and be helped on the spot mind you, I just thought there might be a chance for an appointment earlier than next year. Cos that's literally what their online calendar shows at the moment. I guess I'm just SOL otherwise.
you'll have to wait i'm afraid. as suggested, you can try checking daily (morning and afternoon) for a closer slot that's opened up. that's what i managed to do, but i still had to wait 5 months for my application.

if it was easy to get served just by walking in, everyone would do it :lol:

fsx

Post by fsx » Tue, 19 Aug 2014 5:46 pm

Alright, I'll try an email and I'll keep a daily eye on any openings.
Thanks for the advice everyone.

fsx

Post by fsx » Thu, 12 Mar 2015 4:21 pm

Just to add to the statistics, we had our PR approved today!

Applied: August 2014
Approved: March 2015 (6.5 months)

We've been on EP\DP in Singapore since the start of 2009, this was our first PR application.

Me:
Caucasian European, 40 yrs
Creative\Digital entertainment Industry professional
Switched employer once since coming to Singapore
Base salary around S$100K

Wife:
Malaysian, 31 yrs
Housewife

We got married in 2009, no children.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 12 Mar 2015 6:15 pm

Congratulations. Niche profession, highly sought after - clone wars? Good going.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

fsx

Post by fsx » Thu, 12 Mar 2015 6:29 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Congratulations. Niche profession, highly sought after - clone wars? Good going.
Close but not quite :)

Thanks SMS!

American
Regular
Regular

Post by American » Sat, 16 Apr 2016 1:30 pm

fsx wrote:Just to add to the statistics, we had our PR approved today!

Applied: August 2014
Approved: March 2015 (6.5 months)

We've been on EP\DP in Singapore since the start of 2009, this was our first PR application.

Me:
Caucasian European, 40 yrs
Creative\Digital entertainment Industry professional
Switched employer once since coming to Singapore
Base salary around S$100K

Wife:
Malaysian, 31 yrs
Housewife

We got married in 2009, no children.
Did you manage to get your appointment through the email method or just checking daily? There are absolutely no spots at all.Jan 2017 onwards are not bookable

fsx

Post by fsx » Sat, 16 Apr 2016 5:11 pm

All I can say is keep trying every morning a couple of times around 8-9am. Spots will free up from time to time, but they will be gone quickly as well. We managed to get an early spot this way within a week of trying.