Singapore Expats

would spore let this guy in?

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: would Singapore let this guy in?

Post by the lynx » Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:50 am

JR8 wrote:
brian_singapore wrote:Do you think Singapore would let this guy in? I heard they were trying to encourage an arts and culture scene in an attemlt to become an arts and culture hub.

http://www.thewire.com/global/2014/08/w ... ai/378655/
Well they let The Prodigy (and Keith Flint) in a few years back. But on the flip-side it wasn't that long ago they'd refuse males entry at the border simply for looking like 'a hippy' (that meant having even shoulder-length hair).

The linked guys problem is perhaps that he's got about 2 pounds of steel in his face. What hope he of passing the metal detector arch?
Like this case: Woman ‘made to remove nipple ring with pliers’ by airport security staff

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:54 am

aster wrote:Image

I don't remember these days, but apparently such signs were around back in the day... :)
tell me about it! people here have a really bad opinion about others with long hair. I have long hair, but not really that long, but it still has problems at work, people comment about it, suggest I cut it, it is quite frankly exasperating.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late