Singapore Expats

would spore let this guy in?

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

would spore let this guy in?

Post by brian_singapore » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 11:45 am

Do you think Spore would let this guy in? I heard they were trying to encourage an arts and culture scene in an attemlt to become an arts and culture hub.

http://www.thewire.com/global/2014/08/w ... ai/378655/

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 11:48 am

Unsure. I would assume not, but they do let all of those ladyboys in that hang around outside the Thai embassy...

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 11:51 am

Who cares? It's self mutilation but beyond that, why can't he travel like anyone else.

Stupid, discriminatory practices... just like discrimination based on race, sex, or sexual orientation... pure crap.

x9200

Re: would Singapore let this guy in?

Post by x9200 » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 1:14 pm

brian_singapore wrote:Do you think Singapore would let this guy in? I heard they were trying to encourage an arts and culture scene in an attemlt to become an arts and culture hub.

Art? Culture? You mean the bacterias colonizing his piercing spots?
They surely should let him in, but not under such pretext. Having a junkyard in his body should not be here a criteria.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 2:11 pm

Reminds me of the old S.H.I.T joke.

I guess he would be a P.R.I.C.C (Probable Idiot Clearing Customs)

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 2:54 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:Who cares? It's self mutilation but beyond that, why can't he travel like anyone else.

Stupid, discriminatory practices... just like discrimination based on race, sex, or sexual orientation... pure crap.
Black magic. OoooOOooOooOOooOoooooohh... :roll: (at them, not at you)
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 2:56 pm

Poor thing. I'm not sure which is worse. Him being denied entry, or custom officers trying to isolate every single piercing he has through metal detector.

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by brian_singapore » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 4:43 pm

Funny thing was immigration let him in. Then they had second thoughts and sent security to grab him while he was getting his baggage.

I wonder what the conversation between the immigration officer and his boss in the interim.....

and before customs could catalogue his piercings :D

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 7:11 pm

they let Justin Beiber in .. (with his drug accusations ... ) and a regional politician who had drug charges in another nearby country too was let in ...

this is NEW Singapore lah!!!

long hair, improper dress all allowed in.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:45 am

the lynx wrote:Poor thing. I'm not sure which is worse. Him being denied entry, or custom officers trying to isolate every single piercing he has through metal detector.
Good idea. I'd let him in, but make him remove every piercing and put into a tray for x-ray :twisted:

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Tue, 19 Aug 2014 2:14 am

I don't remember these days, but apparently such signs were around back in the day... :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 Aug 2014 6:58 am

I remember them! When I first moved into Seletar Camp in Jln Kayu back in 1983, there used to be a post office in the camp. They still had that poster on the wall. I took a photo of it but damned if I know what happened to it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 19 Aug 2014 7:23 am

ecureilx wrote:they let Justin Beiber in .. (with his drug accusations ... ) and a regional politician who had drug charges in another nearby country too was let in
Be careful what you wish for

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 19 Aug 2014 10:29 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I remember them! When I first moved into Seletar Camp in Jln Kayu back in 1983, there used to be a post office in the camp. They still had that poster on the wall. I took a photo of it but damned if I know what happened to it.
the old SCDF HQ at Bendameer had a similar notice, until they demolished, but more stricter.

i.e. no entry for those with long hair, improperly dressed, in singlets, and body modification (or something like that .... )

Mi Amigo, yeah!!!!! :D money money money!!!!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: would Singapore let this guy in?

Post by JR8 » Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:29 am

brian_singapore wrote:Do you think Singapore would let this guy in? I heard they were trying to encourage an arts and culture scene in an attemlt to become an arts and culture hub.

Well they let The Prodigy (and Keith Flint) in a few years back. But on the flip-side it wasn't that long ago they'd refuse males entry at the border simply for looking like 'a hippy' (that meant having even shoulder-length hair).

The linked guys problem is perhaps that he's got about 2 pounds of steel in his face. What hope he of passing the metal detector arch?