Singapore Expats

Wanted: Recommended Transfer Helper Good with Newborns

Discuss parenting issues with other moms here.
MummytobeUK

Wanted: Recommended Transfer Helper Good with Newborns

Post by MummytobeUK » Sun, 17 Aug 2014 5:16 pm

Hi there,

We are a British couple preparing to welcome our first baby next year (2015). We are looking to find a recommendation for a transfer helper that could provide live in help for us. The preference would be that she was a mother herself and had experience working with expat families - with newborns would be a definite advantage. We are open to transfer at any point from now if we find a good match. I appreciate there are lots of agencies that do this however a personal recommendation would mean a lot!

Thanks

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Wanted: Recommended Transfer Helper Good with Newborns

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 17 Aug 2014 6:27 pm

MummytobeUK wrote:Hi there,

We are a British couple preparing to welcome our first baby next year (2015). We are looking to find a recommendation for a transfer helper that could provide live in help for us. The preference would be that she was a mother herself and had experience working with expat families - with newborns would be a definite advantage. We are open to transfer at any point from now if we find a good match. I appreciate there are lots of agencies that do this however a personal recommendation would mean a lot!

Thanks
if you have less luck here, look up Anisya and MaidExchangePortal

PS, not offending anybody, but the maids who have children not necessarily are more inclined or more qualified, to take care of other's kids with more compassion / care, and do not disqualify those without children

some of the maids (again not all) are single parent not by their choice. and may have had their own parents taking care of their child so much so they lack baby care experience!!

and some of the maids with their own kids back home, and asking for transfer in a friend's agency request they work in houses with grown up kids or no kids!!!

the maid taking care of my 6 month old son is not a mother and she is better with the small one, interacting and being more attentive, than the other maid who has a child, and prefers to put him in front of TV any time ...

MummytobeUK

Post by MummytobeUK » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 1:22 pm

You make a very good point i will change my message in the future. Thanks for the advice