Singapore Expats

here is my case

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
nanana
Chatter
Chatter

here is my case

Post by nanana » Sun, 10 Aug 2014 11:51 am

I'm Sg PR for more than 10 yrs.
my son is S'porean.
my daughter is an Aussie (2 yrs).

I read it some where in the thread that you need at least $4k income to apply for dependent pass these days. well, my pay is certainly not even half of that. I don't know what should I do with my girl's situation. She is currently on 3 months visitor's pass; that she will need to be in and out of the country every 3 months.
I'm not sure how complicated it is for me to apply either dependent pass or PR for her?
I'm a single parent btw.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 10 Aug 2014 1:31 pm

nanana wrote:I'm Sg PR for more than 10 yrs.
my son is S'porean.
my daughter is an Aussie (2 yrs).

I read it some where in the thread that you need at least $4k income to apply for dependent pass these days. well, my pay is certainly not even half of that. I don't know what should I do with my girl's situation. She is currently on 3 months visitor's pass; that she will need to be in and out of the country every 3 months.
I'm not sure how complicated it is for me to apply either dependent pass or PR for her?
I'm a single parent btw.
Dependant pass is for dependants of Employement pass holders. You can try for an LTVP. The income requirements aren't written (as they are for EP), but most likely the internal guideline is the same. There's also the student pass when she is old enough, but that will likely have similar restrictions.

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=176&secid=171

Sorry to pry, but is the daughter's father different than the son's, or the same? I ask because if they're the same, that would mean the father was a Singaporean who became an Australian. His renunciation may cause trouble for any long term hopes for the daughter in Singapore. It may also cause trouble when you go to renew your REP if you gained your PR on the basis of his citizenship and being your husband previously.

Conversely, if the fathers are different and you divorced the Singaporean after gaining PR through him that may also cause trouble for you for future requests. Someone like SMS or PNGMK may have more anecdotes here on how the government treats divorced PR wives...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 10 Aug 2014 2:10 pm

I'll have to defer to PNGMK as all my divorces :oops: were in the US and no children involved.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nanana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by nanana » Sun, 10 Aug 2014 3:35 pm

thanks zzm9980 (is that a lucky number for 4D?). will try to look up on LTVP.

as to your queries, same father btw. i'm yet to renew my re-entry permit in few yrs time. i have a son who is s'porean. do you think they will make it difficult for me to extend my PR? my son is liable for NS. if they refuse my application, i will have no choice but to leave the country with my son. and they are OK to lose one of their citizen, considering the country's biggest issue of low birth rate, aging population?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 10 Aug 2014 4:22 pm

nanana wrote: and they are OK to lose one of their citizen, considering the country's biggest issue of low birth rate, aging population?
winning the next election by satisfying the locals who are screaming for the blood of 'undecided' leeches is more important than doing the right thing ..

never mind the local healthcare isn't free even for Citizens, nor there is any welfare system a-la Australia ... for example

an example, a local driver was telling the filipino taxi driver here should be barred from driving taxis regardless he is a citizen (there was a case of a taxi driver who had put one two many Ph flags in his taxi), and i asked the local guy if he knows how he got his citizenship, maybe he Married a Singaporean and is unable to secure a good job, or his talent/experience isn't needed here anymore ...

the local guy was adamant that being a new citizen his loyalty is questionable and all new citizens must have less privileges ..etc ..etc ... and if he is a new citizen he is a 'talent' and must not drive taxi, and he didn't serve army .....

I knew that was the time for me to shut up.

I didn't want to tell him that I know a few Filipino guys in entertainment line married to Singaporeans ...whose wives earn much more than the husbands.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 10 Aug 2014 11:31 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I'll have to defer to PNGMK as all my divorces :oops: were in the US and no children involved.
I didn't mean you specifically :D Just insight into what ICA does when one gains their PR by family ties (marriage) but the person they used has taken up another citizenship, as it seems to be in this case...