Singapore Expats

Part Time Cook

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
athard

Part Time Cook

Post by athard » Sat, 09 Aug 2014 5:51 pm

Are there any agencies which provide part-time cooks? There are several for cleaning services but i have not come across any agency to provide cooks. Even when i search online, I find lots of ads for people looking for cooks, but no ads by cooks.

nanana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by nanana » Sun, 10 Aug 2014 12:26 am

I think people usually order for 'tingkat lunch/dinner' delivery. It is a catering business that provides home cook meal to be delivered to your place everyday. They offer different packages that you can choose from depending on number of people, choices of meal etc. You can google it for the companies that provide such service. Plenty to choose from. I personally have tried a few. Some of their food were quite nice on certain days, but other days were not that great, Some of their portion were not so generous.

Perhaps you can check out other forum for recommendation of good tingkat dinner service.

btw, tingkat is referring to tiffin carrier. It is a tall metal container of various tiers.

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Sun, 10 Aug 2014 10:00 pm

nanana wrote:btw, tingkat is referring to tiffin carrier. It is a tall metal container of various tiers.
A.k.a. "HDB Meals"

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 10 Aug 2014 10:40 pm

a.k.a. Subcontinental Survival Service is an absolute Necessity since their mommies aren't here.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 11 Aug 2014 8:23 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:a.k.a. Subcontinental Survival Service is an absolute Necessity since their mommies aren't here.
Lol, especially posts by Indians who keep saying "who will take care of my mother? she is very old" then seeing old Indian ladies around Singapore not having a good time and looking like they'd prefer to just go back home, regretting having letting their son drag them into Singapore.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."