Singapore Expats

Highline Residences Opinion

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
MarkDG

Highline Residences Opinion

Post by MarkDG » Thu, 07 Aug 2014 4:33 pm

I met an agent last week telling me something about how great to own a unit in Highline Residence. Basically I am not from Singapore, so I just want to ask you guys what you can say about that development.

Search By

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Thu, 07 Aug 2014 5:13 pm

well, it's not completed yet i think and on 99-year leasehold... what is your purpose for buying property in singapore?
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

x9200

Re: Highline Residences Opinion

Post by x9200 » Thu, 07 Aug 2014 6:55 pm

MarkDG wrote:I met an agent last week telling me something about how great to own a unit in Highline Residence. Basically I am not from Singapore, so I just want to ask you guys what you can say about that development.
So what did (s)he tell you? Are you a local agent traveling abroad? You definitely sound like one and we already had you or another one today posting from the same country and waiting now ready to be nuked.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Highline Residences Opinion

Post by JR8 » Thu, 07 Aug 2014 7:20 pm

MarkDG wrote:I met an agent last week telling me something about how great to own a unit in Highline Residence. Basically I am not from Singapore, so I just want to ask you guys what you can say about that development.
On what basis did they suggests it's 'great'?

MarkDG

Highline

Post by MarkDG » Mon, 11 Aug 2014 2:59 pm

I really don't know . I am expat looking for a place, to stay in. really? may I ask what country. Because I am definitely looking for a place in to stay in Singapore :)

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Re: Highline

Post by Mi Amigo » Mon, 11 Aug 2014 4:33 pm

MarkDG wrote:really? may I ask what country.
Sounds like they were posting from the same country as you - not sure which country that is, but the moderators will know.
MarkDG wrote:I really don't know . I am expat looking for a place, to stay in. really? may I ask what country. Because I am definitely looking for a place in to stay in Singapore :)
Since Highline Residences isn't finished yet, that obviously isn't an option for you right now. I took a look at the website and it says 'Expected TOP: TBA' - have they even started building it yet? It looks like another typical development, with lots of tiny concrete boxes rented out for 99 years at (no doubt) a ridiculously inflated price; I can't see any attraction whatsoever.

Can you give us some details of what you are looking for, then some of the regulars here may be able to suggest some suitable places for you to look at.
Be careful what you wish for

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Mon, 11 Aug 2014 10:08 pm

MarkDG wrote:I really don't know . I am expat looking for a place, to stay in. really? may I ask what country. Because I am definitely looking for a place in to stay in Singapore :)
like, when? in 10 years' time? or this year?

sumzing wong here.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Wed, 13 Aug 2014 5:17 pm

taxico wrote:sumzing wong here.
You're right Tacos :mrgreen: - it does seem a bit strange. But surely MarkDG wouldn't be so desperate to promote another mediocre, over-hyped development that he would lie about being an expat looking for a place to stay? That would just be ridiculous (and pathetic). Hence my questions to him; I expect he'll be along soon to clarify the situation.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 13 Aug 2014 5:35 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:
taxico wrote:sumzing wong here.
You're right Tacos :mrgreen: - it does seem a bit strange. But surely MarkDG wouldn't be so desperate to promote another mediocre, over-hyped development that he would lie about being an expat looking for a place to stay? That would just be ridiculous (and pathetic). Hence my questions to him; I expect he'll be along soon to clarify the situation.
Bwahahaha! :lol:

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 2:12 am

Paging MarkDG...

Hmm. What should we conclude from his silence? :twisted:

MarkDG

Post by MarkDG » Wed, 20 Aug 2014 2:57 pm

I am sorry guys, I wasn't able to answer your posts. Actually I am in Singapore right now, checking a possible property to buy. And don't worry I will not stoop that low just to post any links or anything just to advertise or spam you guys :D

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:07 pm

MarkDG wrote:I am sorry guys, I wasn't able to answer your posts. Actually I am in Singapore right now, checking a possible property to buy. And don't worry I will not stoop that low just to post any links or anything just to advertise or spam you guys :D
so -now- what do you think about highline?