Singapore Expats Forum

Highline Residences Opinion

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.

Sponsored by:
Image
AE Logistics - Movers & Storage

MarkDG
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2014

Highline Residences Opinion

Postby MarkDG » Thu, 07 Aug 2014 4:33 pm

I met an agent last week telling me something about how great to own a unit in Highline Residence. Basically I am not from Singapore, so I just want to ask you guys what you can say about that development.

taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Postby taxico » Thu, 07 Aug 2014 5:13 pm

well, it's not completed yet i think and on 99-year leasehold... what is your purpose for buying property in singapore?
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9161
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Highline Residences Opinion

Postby x9200 » Thu, 07 Aug 2014 6:55 pm

MarkDG wrote:I met an agent last week telling me something about how great to own a unit in Highline Residence. Basically I am not from Singapore, so I just want to ask you guys what you can say about that development.

So what did (s)he tell you? Are you a local agent traveling abroad? You definitely sound like one and we already had you or another one today posting from the same country and waiting now ready to be nuked.

Moderator

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Highline Residences Opinion

Postby JR8 » Thu, 07 Aug 2014 7:20 pm

MarkDG wrote:I met an agent last week telling me something about how great to own a unit in Highline Residence. Basically I am not from Singapore, so I just want to ask you guys what you can say about that development.


On what basis did they suggests it's 'great'?

MarkDG
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2014

Highline

Postby MarkDG » Mon, 11 Aug 2014 2:59 pm

I really don't know . I am expat looking for a place, to stay in. really? may I ask what country. Because I am definitely looking for a place in to stay in Singapore :)

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004
Location: Kinto Pino

Re: Highline

Postby Mi Amigo » Mon, 11 Aug 2014 4:33 pm

MarkDG wrote:really? may I ask what country.

Sounds like they were posting from the same country as you - not sure which country that is, but the moderators will know.

MarkDG wrote:I really don't know . I am expat looking for a place, to stay in. really? may I ask what country. Because I am definitely looking for a place in to stay in Singapore :)

Since Highline Residences isn't finished yet, that obviously isn't an option for you right now. I took a look at the website and it says 'Expected TOP: TBA' - have they even started building it yet? It looks like another typical development, with lots of tiny concrete boxes rented out for 99 years at (no doubt) a ridiculously inflated price; I can't see any attraction whatsoever.

Can you give us some details of what you are looking for, then some of the regulars here may be able to suggest some suitable places for you to look at.
Be careful what you wish for

taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Re: Highline

Postby taxico » Mon, 11 Aug 2014 10:08 pm

MarkDG wrote:I really don't know . I am expat looking for a place, to stay in. really? may I ask what country. Because I am definitely looking for a place in to stay in Singapore :)


like, when? in 10 years' time? or this year?

sumzing wong here.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004
Location: Kinto Pino

Re: Highline

Postby Mi Amigo » Wed, 13 Aug 2014 5:17 pm

taxico wrote:sumzing wong here.

You're right Tacos :mrgreen: - it does seem a bit strange. But surely MarkDG wouldn't be so desperate to promote another mediocre, over-hyped development that he would lie about being an expat looking for a place to stay? That would just be ridiculous (and pathetic). Hence my questions to him; I expect he'll be along soon to clarify the situation.
Be careful what you wish for

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Highline

Postby JR8 » Wed, 13 Aug 2014 5:35 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:
taxico wrote:sumzing wong here.

You're right Tacos :mrgreen: - it does seem a bit strange. But surely MarkDG wouldn't be so desperate to promote another mediocre, over-hyped development that he would lie about being an expat looking for a place to stay? That would just be ridiculous (and pathetic). Hence my questions to him; I expect he'll be along soon to clarify the situation.


Bwahahaha! :lol:

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004
Location: Kinto Pino

Postby Mi Amigo » Mon, 18 Aug 2014 2:12 am

Paging MarkDG...

Image

Hmm. What should we conclude from his silence? :twisted:
Be careful what you wish for

MarkDG
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2014

Postby MarkDG » Wed, 20 Aug 2014 2:57 pm

I am sorry guys, I wasn't able to answer your posts. Actually I am in Singapore right now, checking a possible property to buy. And don't worry I will not stoop that low just to post any links or anything just to advertise or spam you guys :D

taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Postby taxico » Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:07 pm

MarkDG wrote:I am sorry guys, I wasn't able to answer your posts. Actually I am in Singapore right now, checking a possible property to buy. And don't worry I will not stoop that low just to post any links or anything just to advertise or spam you guys :D


so -now- what do you think about highline?
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests