Singapore Expats

New in town

Discuss parenting issues with other moms here.
nuraybur

New in town

Post by nuraybur » Tue, 05 Aug 2014 8:30 pm

:shock:

I quit my job in Europe and followed my husband here... it seems that i am on a new project for the next 9 months ;)

I would be happy to have any suggestions about hospitals , a good gine, obst....

And of course i would be happy to meet other moms 2be!

Let me know if you are up for a decaf coffee ;))

Cheers

N
Last edited by nuraybur on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 05 Aug 2014 8:40 pm

KK Hospital is the Government hospital for mothers.

Good luck.

Girl_Next_Door
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Girl_Next_Door » Wed, 06 Aug 2014 9:13 am

You can start by googling "Maternity Package Singapore" and you should be able to see some comparison between the prices of hospitals in Singapore.

KK hospital is a govt hospital where many gynae started their internship there. Its a good hospital but like all government hospital, its very busy and you may not get as much personal attention, as you like.

Most private hospitals provide a tour around the hospital facilities and many hospital (private and govt) provides maternity package which covers the cost of delivery. For a start, you can keep yourself occupied by going for the tour and have some of your questions revolving the cost of delivery answered, even if you don't plan to give birth in a private hospital. They will provide some preliminary information which would be helpful for a new mum.

In addition, you can google "Singapore motherhood forum" and you will find another Singapore forum for mothers, ranging from childbirth, childcare and education aspects for mothers.

Congrats and hope you enjoy Singapore!

summersummer

Post by summersummer » Fri, 08 Aug 2014 4:01 pm

Congratulations to you. There are many hospitals that you can choose. No different for expat going to public hospital or private hospita. You will not be subsidized and have to pay private price even if you're going to public hospital. For my point of view, KKH is the top public hospital for maternity, TMC is average and famous private birth centre and Gleneagels is a luxury private hospital. You can refer prices from http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/h ... ormal.html

I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant. I have chosen TMC and my insurance may not cover for my childbirth too. Nice to meet you!