Singapore Expats

Can dress 'em up but...

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Brah
Manager
Manager

Can dress 'em up but...

Post by Brah » Fri, 01 Aug 2014 11:05 pm

...some people just don't effing get it...

At a restaurant, slow time, one lady, local, late 30s/early 40s, is wrapping tableware in paper napkins for the lunch crowd.

Not once, not twice, but three times (just in the space of time I was there) she sneezes, does not cover her mouth, does not turn away, but directly into the tableware she is wrapping half a foot from her mouth. Wipes her nose with her hand and grabs more sets to wrap, grabbing with said hand the parts of the forks that goes in ones mouth.

This is why Kindness whatever Campaigns are pointless, there is just circuitry which a lot of other people have that is missing in these kinds of people that no kind of instruction will penetrate their thick skulls.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sat, 02 Aug 2014 12:07 am

But apart from that, tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back now... :P

Joking aside, that is disgusting. Once or twice in the past I tried complaining to the manager when I saw this kind of unhygienic behaviour. But the response was invariably disappointing - you know the look... Well, since it's Friday, Bambi will put in a special appearance:

Be careful what you wish for

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by brian_singapore » Sat, 02 Aug 2014 10:05 am

Mi Amigo wrote:
This picture perfectly illustrates the look I get from one individual at work when I try to explain something, usually the same thing, every other day.

I'm going to put a picture of it on my desk.