Singapore Expats

PR Application for my Spouse.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kenzon

PR Application for my Spouse.

Post by kenzon » Fri, 01 Aug 2014 5:38 pm

Hi All,

we just married in Singapore and would like to sponsor my spouse for PR Application. Problem is after submitting the PR application we will still resides in Indonesia as I'm still working there. is there any chance she can get PR approval?

some info:
Husband: Singaporean Chinese
Education: Diploma
Job: Project Engineer basic $3500 (Singapore Company - Indonesia posting)

Wife: Indonesian
Education: SMA (Junior High School)
Job: Unemployed

thanks.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Fri, 01 Aug 2014 6:02 pm

why not apply when you guys relocate back to singapore (after a period of time from when you got hitched so ICA knows, with some certainty anyway, that it's not a sham marriage)...?
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

kenzon

Post by kenzon » Sat, 02 Aug 2014 2:16 pm

Definenatly not an sham marriage, the idea of getting PR for my wife is to apply for BTO so that we have a place to settle down. If we got to relocate back first means we got to rent a house ? Being a Singaporean and still need to rent a place to stay I feel..... u know.

So I wanna ask if any experience brothers here got similar situation and got approval?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 02 Aug 2014 3:36 pm

Maybe you should learn to cowboy up. Most other nationalities in their own countries rent before they buy almost all of the time. It's a beach when you grow up with an entitlement complex, innit. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 02 Aug 2014 3:56 pm

Good luck. Something tells me you'll need it. Make a few sons to help and include them in the family application.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Re: PR Application for my Spouse.

Post by Mi Amigo » Sat, 02 Aug 2014 5:02 pm

kenzon wrote:Hi All,

we just married in Singapore and would like to sponsor my spouse for PR Application. Problem is after submitting the PR application we will still resides in Indonesia as I'm still working there. is there any chance she can get PR approval?

some info:

thanks.
So let me get this straight - your wife wants to apply for Permanent Residence without actually residing in Singapore?
Be careful what you wish for

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 02 Aug 2014 5:57 pm

Mi Amigo wrote: So let me get this straight - your wife wants to apply for Permanent Residence without actually residing in Singapore?
Yah, so they can avoid any of this 'contribute to society' stuffs, but so they can buy flat on the cheap.

I can't think of a citizenry that would benefit more from a bit of 'Light-touch repression' :lol:

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sat, 02 Aug 2014 8:33 pm

kenzon wrote:Definenatly not an sham marriage, the idea of getting PR for my wife is to apply for BTO so that we have a place to settle down. If we got to relocate back first means we got to rent a house ? Being a Singaporean and still need to rent a place to stay I feel..... u know.

So I wanna ask if any experience brothers here got similar situation and got approval?
he'll be asking to get his BTO flat within the year... because he's... you know.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 02 Aug 2014 8:48 pm

taxico wrote:he'll be asking to get his BTO flat within the year... because he's... you know.
A trannie... who's not revealed his inner diva yet ? :???:

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sat, 02 Aug 2014 10:10 pm

taxico wrote:
kenzon wrote:Definenatly not an sham marriage, the idea of getting PR for my wife is to apply for BTO so that we have a place to settle down. If we got to relocate back first means we got to rent a house ? Being a Singaporean and still need to rent a place to stay I feel..... u know.

he'll be asking to get his BTO flat within the year... because he's... you know.
i also officially announce that i am not an "experience brother." my wife got her SPR way before we got married.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 02 Aug 2014 10:23 pm

I just live here, temporarily. I want nothing of the state.

The idea of being beholden to a petty dictatorship is so nasty, I'm pleased there is no need to plumb those sycophantic depths.

This goat says.... beeeeeeaaaah!! lol

kenzon

Post by kenzon » Sun, 03 Aug 2014 1:32 am

Mi Amigo wrote:
kenzon wrote:Hi All,

some info:

thanks.
So let me get this straight - your wife wants to apply for Permanent Residence without actually residing in Singapore?
Yes. Any chance?

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sun, 03 Aug 2014 1:54 pm

kenzon wrote:
Mi Amigo wrote:So let me get this straight - your wife wants to apply for Permanent Residence without actually residing in Singapore?
Yes. Any chance?
Well if I were in charge I know what my answer would be. But I'm not, and neither am I an 'experience brother' (although I do revere Hendrix).

IIRC the subject of applying for PR whilst abroad has been discussed in the forum before, so you might want to use the search function above to seek out previous discussions on the topic.

Alternatively, why not ask the ICA? IME they are very helpful and responsive to enquiries sent via email to:

[email protected]

Please update this thread with the outcome as the information may be helpful to others in the future.
Be careful what you wish for

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 03 Aug 2014 1:58 pm

Chance? Yes, albeit, slim.

Odds? 40:60, If wife is Indonesian Chinese, maybe 45:55 but only after married two years minimum. Pre 2011 GE much easier, but now, not so easy. If you breathe a word to ICA that you just want to apply for BTO, all bets are off.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kenzon

Post by kenzon » Wed, 25 Mar 2015 2:25 pm

thanks, I will just try it out.

Need some help filling up the form.

1) Race: My wife is from Indonesia , North Sulawesi, Manado . she is not chinese and malay. we are Christian what should I put in Race column ? Can I put Manadonese or Indonesian?

2) Present Residential Address in Singapore
Are you currently residing with the sponsor at the above address?

How long have you been residing with the sponsor at the above address? years months
(If the sponsor is your spouse and both of you are not living together, please provide reasons on a separate sheet of paper.)

well I work in Indonesia (I still pay Tax in Singapore), so we only go back my house in Singapore once a month or two. Do I still fill this column ?

3) Applicant's Parent
Both my wife's parent has passed away. still need to fill in?

thanks ho.