Singapore Expats

PR Chance

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
helenng

Post by helenng » Thu, 07 Aug 2014 4:16 pm

I am blur , so would I translate or not .... cause some of my friend also no need to translate , some said need...

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Thu, 07 Aug 2014 5:35 pm

helenng wrote:I am blur , so would I translate or not .... cause some of my friend also no need to translate , some said need...
I'm not sure, never having applied for PR.

The form I was looking at required translation into English. That was mentioned in the notes. Whichever form you had to complete will have notes about how to complete. The instruction will be in the notes.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Thu, 07 Aug 2014 9:06 pm

helenng wrote:I am blur , so would I translate or not .... cause some of my friend also no need to translate , some said need...
if you're comfortable with taking a chance, then there's no need to.

if you want to ensure you do everything as instructed the first time, just translate it and don't think about it anymore.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

kel1983

Post by kel1983 » Fri, 08 Aug 2014 9:23 am

agreed with taxico ,
if you are worry about it . just got it translate .

as for my understanding, cert with different languages e.g. Tamil, french,... which are not able to read by the Singapore official, you need to get them translate .

i just submitted mine in original ( malay written birth cert ), and i got the PR without any problem.

again, feel free to translate it if you are worry about it .

cheers .

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 08 Aug 2014 9:24 am

No need to translate la. Sure confirmed one. Here they got use Malay also.

If you are scared, then translate loh. Just spend some money, get a official translator from legal office to translate for you. Ping pong piang, you agak-agak pay 100 ringgit per document. At least you got peace of mind. Some more can use again if you want to migrate to Australia or Canada if you think Singapore is too stressful after few years.

helenng

Post by helenng » Fri, 08 Aug 2014 9:37 am

Thanks for your advise ...

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 08 Aug 2014 1:10 pm

the lynx wrote:No need to translate la. Sure confirmed one. Here they got use Malay also.

If you are scared, then translate loh. Just spend some money, get a official translator from legal office to translate for you. Ping pong piang, you agak-agak pay 100 ringgit per document. At least you got peace of mind. Some more can use again if you want to migrate to Australia or Canada if you think Singapore is too stressful after few years.
That is some good shit you posted there :D :D :D :D :D
Life is short, paddle harder!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 08 Aug 2014 1:20 pm

Barnsley wrote: That is some good shit you posted there :D :D :D :D :D
Oso say, I lol'd! :lol:

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 08 Aug 2014 1:29 pm

Barnsley wrote:
the lynx wrote:No need to translate la. Sure confirmed one. Here they got use Malay also.

How much do we have to pay Lynx to translate her post for us? :D

Primrose Hill
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Primrose Hill » Fri, 08 Aug 2014 3:10 pm

Barnsley wrote:

OMG. It was fantastic. :D :D :D syabas!
I didnt get my birth certificate translated either.