- Malaysian Chinese, 34
- studied in junior college and NUS under ASEAN and GLC scholarship respectively
- graduated in 2005
- PR for 9 years.
- early employee of a high tech startup in Singapore
- job scope: overseas business development and govt liaison for business in Malaysia.
- As such, I have relocated to Malaysia for half a year by now.
- My pay is mostly stocks with monthly salary being a meagre SGD800 after CPF deduction
--> because the startup is still in R&D stage (zero revenue), only has angel funding and do not have plans to receive venture capital until a much later stage.
- Previously I had high paying jobs with annual salary >SGD100k for 3 years. Left to join a startup due to mid-life crisis.
If I apply for citizenship now, what is my chances of getting it approved?
- bearing in mind I work/live in Malaysia now and my pay is only SGD800 after CPF deduction.
What is the typical timeline from submission of SC application to approval these days?
Thank you all so much for your help!