Singapore Expats

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 'Shot Down In Ukraine...

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 21 Jul 2014 10:56 pm

Sergei82 wrote:
Aragorn2000 wrote:A sizeable part of the population in my home country is really pro-Russia and anti-US. Their comments on social media and online press are like this:

1. Russia and the separatists gain nothing but bad PR by shooting down a civilian plane. Why would they do that? Russians are also really nice and pleasant people. They could never commit such a crime!

2. On the other hand, it is the US and Ukraine who have much to gain from this tragedy. The Western world has to resort to desperate measures to isolate Russia. It's a conspiracy!

3. It is usually the perpetrators (insinuating the US and Ukraine) who cry foul the loudest!

So no matter how amateurish some propaganda is, many (I mean many) people still believe in it.
Everybody knows the plane was shot down by idiotic mistake with Russian weapon, stop this shit. I am telling you as a Russian speaking Ukrainian from Donetsk. Today terrorists mounted anti-aircraft cannons on my parents' house. They dun give shit about civilian lives. Clearly that is a fault of US, isnt it?

Logic of a retarded Russian scumbag:

America wanted to attack Russia, so it arranged revolution in Ukraine.
Therefore Russia had to annex Crimea, so America can't attack Russia.
Therefore America ordered to attack East of Ukraine, so it can attack Russia.
Therefore local "heroes" in the East of Ukraine rebelled so America can't attack Russia.
Therefore America ordered to shoot down MH17 so now it can attack Russia for sure!
(applause, lights off)
Thanks Sergei for the input.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Mon, 21 Jul 2014 11:07 pm

PNGMK expressed his concern. Forgot to call for peaceful solution through dialogue. :mrgreen:

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 22 Jul 2014 12:49 pm

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 22 Jul 2014 1:30 pm

I think recovering the black boxes was an exercise in PR damage control on the part of Malaysian Authorities. At least they learned their lessons from the MH370 incident.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Tue, 22 Jul 2014 3:19 pm

Yes, Ukrainians resumed offensive due to the plane crash. Need less "justification" for the world community from now on. And GRAD shooting in the city boundaries is filmed and thrown around in youtube and social networks. It was NOT Ukrainian GRAD.

There is little to investigate now anyway: all evidence was cleared by... rebels??? (WTH??? Russian citizens in Ukraine are rebels???)... with care extremely rapidly, "wrapped" and handed over to Malaysians (black boxes, bodies etc)... regardless of international outcry not to touch the crash site.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Tue, 22 Jul 2014 3:22 pm

Before handing over the boxes Borodai took the chance to insist again that the pro-Russia rebels in east Ukraine had nothing to do with the downing of MH17 and blamed the Kiev government, which he said had "both the technical ability and the motive" to bring down the plane.
For those who may not know Borodai is:
1) Russian citizen,
2) former (current more likely) Russian FSB officer.

Therefore, questions:
1) what is he doing in Ukraine, who let him in?
2) is he following the definition of being a REBEL??????? if I go to your country and kill your mother, will you call me a rebel?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 22 Jul 2014 3:33 pm

Sergei82 wrote:There is little to investigate now anyway: all evidence was cleared by... rebels???
Don't worry. Unless all the pieces of the wreckage and the bodies have been chemically disintegrated there should be enough evidence left. Have some faith in the forensic sciences.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 22 Aug 2014 6:36 pm

Hmmm
http://www.nst.com.my/node/20925?d=1

KUALA LUMPUR: INTELLIGENCE analysts in the United States had already concluded that Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 was shot down by an air-to-air missile, and that the Ukrainian government had had something to do with it.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Fri, 22 Aug 2014 10:41 pm

[quote]“some US intelligence sources had concluded that the rebels and Russia were likely not at fault and that it appears Ukrainian government forces were to blame”

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 22 Aug 2014 10:50 pm

x9200 wrote:Hmmm

KUALA LUMPUR: INTELLIGENCE analysts in the United States had already concluded that Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 was shot down by an air-to-air missile, and that the Ukrainian government had had something to do with it.
These idiots took their information without any fact checking from the bogus website globalresearch.ca which, if you do some searching, regularly "sources" information from Russian news services under the control of the government, aka, propaganda.

It's pure and utter bullshit... and you'll not find a single piece of supporting evidence from any credible news source.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sat, 23 Aug 2014 1:59 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
x9200 wrote:Hmmm

These idiots took their information without any fact checking from the bogus website globalresearch.ca which, if you do some searching, regularly "sources" information from Russian news services under the control of the government, aka, propaganda.

It's pure and utter bullshit... and you'll not find a single piece of supporting evidence from any credible news source.
That's truly appalling reporting by the NST; an insult to all those who lost their lives in this tragedy. They seem to be trying to out-BCL the BCL with their sycophantic fairy tale articles, e.g.:

MH17: Homecoming of victims, a testament of government’s commitment

Yeah right.
Be careful what you wish for

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 23 Aug 2014 6:31 am

[quote="Sergei82"][quote]“some US intelligence sources had concluded that the rebels and Russia were likely not at fault and that it appears Ukrainian government forces were to blame”

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 23 Aug 2014 8:56 am

x9200 wrote:]

It's not that I believe in it, I am more surprised it was posted on the Malaysian website as it clearly looks like a classic Russian propaganda. And it was not copy pasted but made into an engineered story.

As of the president "murdered" not so long ago, I can not sense well whether you are sarcastic or really think this way. The president was just a victim of his own arrogance and recklessness. He had a history of humiliating his pilots when they refused to land in a war zone based on the safety principles and so he died during an attempt to land the plane on some poorly managed landing strip in near zero visibility condition.
Russia plays a huge part in the mess that followed the crash but I doubt it is the one to be blamed here, at least not on the premeditated grounds.
from what I also read, the TU 154 crash was avoidable!!

not a murder but more like self inflicted ...

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 23 Aug 2014 9:17 am

Of course it was avoidable. Aircrashes don't just happen due to a single factor, they are chains of events, in this case including pilots and approach control errors, but ultimately:
"The immediate cause of the accident was the descent below the minimum descent altitude at an excessive rate of descent in weather conditions which prevented visual contact with the ground, as well as a delayed execution of the go-around procedure. Those circumstances led to an impact on a terrain obstacle resulting in separation of a part of the left wing with aileron and consequently to the loss of aircraft control and eventual ground impact"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Polis ... 27s_report

Self-inflicted, well, yes, this was my earlier point.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Mon, 25 Aug 2014 10:04 am

Sorry if I lashed out at x9200 last week, it is just a recording that was done in my parents' house from my grandmother's room (explosions every few seconds) made me irritated with things.

And yes, many of articles like that do pop up every so often. You don't forget Russia employs a lot of people full time to do just that in internet. Moreover, not clear whom, but somebody recently paid for a campaign in Europe to discredit Ukraine as a business partner. So keep waiting for more, but pay attention only at official releases.

P.S.: It is OSCE website was hacked right after explosion in Lugansk 2 months ago so claim of "airstrike by Ukrainian army" appeared when it was some terrorist retard shooting his grenade launcher in a park and accidentally hitting and destroying a window in nearby building. OSCE just quickly removed the claim without saying anything. What an embarrassment!