Singapore Expats

Youtube of CNB raid

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
PNGMK
Answers: 10

Youtube of CNB raid

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 13 Jul 2014 1:19 pm

http://youtu.be/HLZhBQTRS3E

Interesting we talk sometimes on this forum about how SC's have no advantage over SPR etc... CNB hires ONLY SC, and having done NS provides a significant jump in pay.

http://www.cnb.gov.sg/careers/positions ... d/sno.aspx

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 14 Jul 2014 2:55 am

Interesting. What's the loud clicking, a taser? I wonder if there was a chase, or what. Seems a bit dis-organized. If it was planned, I would have thought they'd have done it at a different location or had other police in wait to block off traffic.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 14 Jul 2014 8:25 am

zzm9980 wrote:Interesting. What's the loud clicking, a taser? I wonder if there was a chase, or what. Seems a bit dis-organized. If it was planned, I would have thought they'd have done it at a different location or had other police in wait to block off traffic.
Clicking is a taser. I thought it was well planned. There's at least 3 CNB vehicles and a motorbike, maybe more. I suspect it was an opportunistic arrest - CNB have arrested over 100 in the last few weeks.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 14 Jul 2014 9:38 am

PNGMK wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:Interesting. What's the loud clicking, a taser? I wonder if there was a chase, or what. Seems a bit dis-organized. If it was planned, I would have thought they'd have done it at a different location or had other police in wait to block off traffic.
Clicking is a taser. I thought it was well planned. There's at least 3 CNB vehicles and a motorbike, maybe more. I suspect it was an opportunistic arrest - CNB have arrested over 100 in the last few weeks.
If it was well-planned I'd think they'd have someone coming from the opposite direction who could block him in. Instead, they had two guys come around and squeeze him in on the sides, and then the third car and bike show up 30 seconds later from behind. If he had realized quickly enough what was happening, he could have gunned it as they just started to close in and possibly gotten through the middle. They still would have caught him, but it could have been messy.