Singapore Expats

Looking to live somewhere like the lakes community in Dubai

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
alicefour

Looking to live somewhere like the lakes community in Dubai

Post by alicefour » Sat, 12 Jul 2014 4:03 pm

Hi We are moving to Singapore next month and will be in a Serviced Apartment for the first month. Has anyone here lived in Dubai? We lived in a small three bed end terrace villa on a community that shared a pool and had a club house. i am looking for somewhere with the same feel small 2/3bed with a small yard or garden for our cocker spaniel who is coming with us. I have one daughter 14 who will be going to Tanglin. Iknow it will be easier for both her and I to make friends on a community style housing development. My husband will have a car but i will not. Any help greatly received :-) i want to keep the rent at around 7sgd so no mansions !

Search By

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Sun, 13 Jul 2014 2:05 pm

They call that cluster housing here.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: Looking to live somewhere like the lakes community in Du

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 14 Jul 2014 9:41 am

alicefour wrote:i want to keep the rent at around 7sgd so no mansions !
Don't worry, you won't accidentally find yourself in a mansion at 7sgd a month. :D

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 14 Jul 2014 11:01 am

I think this setup will be much tougher to find in Singapore. You can rent a condo... a multi-story arrangement and get all the amenities you want.

Or, you can rent a semi-detached, or terraced row houses... this gets you small yards, generally older places, sometimes larger... but, they won't have the pool and club house. There are multiple places to rent such houses, and you'll have to look at a club to get the amenities you want... one reason that places like the American Club is so popular with people with children... multiple activities and just a bus/cab ride away.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 14 Jul 2014 11:23 am

Strong Eagle wrote:I think this setup will be much tougher to find in Singapore. You can rent a condo... a multi-story arrangement and get all the amenities you want.

Or, you can rent a semi-detached, or terraced row houses... this gets you small yards, generally older places, sometimes larger... but, they won't have the pool and club house. There are multiple places to rent such houses, and you'll have to look at a club to get the amenities you want... one reason that places like the American Club is so popular with people with children... multiple activities and just a bus/cab ride away.
Or you rent the colonial houses (locally known as black-and-white houses) or just any landed property that comes with pool and a small yard. But the rental would be around SGD20,000 per month.

I'd still advise the condominium like others had said above.