Singapore Expats Forum

Sundry humour

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: Sundry humour

Postby nakatago » Fri, 16 Jan 2015 8:26 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:http://theculturetrip.com/asia/india/articles/india-s-most-outrageously-hysterical-road-signs/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=120105IndiaTravel


Those are pretty clever.

However,


User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Sundry humour

Postby JR8 » Sun, 18 Jan 2015 2:43 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbumV5bQTuM
Weirdest Misheard Lyrics Of All Time

Nicely done, they can 'hold a note' too! :)
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Sundry humour

Postby JR8 » Wed, 21 Jan 2015 2:25 pm

Image

The British working man's 'fish supper' turned into posh canapes, hehehe, now I think I've seen it all! :o :lol:

Jason's @ Ion.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: Sundry humour

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 21 Jan 2015 2:35 pm

how much is that? 20$ something? :???:
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Sundry humour

Postby JR8 » Wed, 21 Jan 2015 2:49 pm

I didn't check the price, perhaps I was too gobsmacked. But $20, sure, wouldn't surprise me at all.

All the way from Bunwell*, Norfolk, UK to Jason's Ion.


* No, I've never heard of it either, despite having relatives living near by.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: Sundry humour

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 21 Jan 2015 3:22 pm

I was at Jason's the other day, i was grimacing at the prices of some of the cheese they've got there.
:???: :lol:
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Re: Sundry humour

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 27 Jan 2015 12:10 pm

Slogans from various Indian Army outposts

http://www.scoopwhoop.com/inothernews/b ... ype=fb&b=0
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9787
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Sundry humour

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 27 Jan 2015 6:23 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:Slogans from various Indian Army outposts

http://www.scoopwhoop.com/inothernews/b ... ype=fb&b=0

+1

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Sundry humour

Postby JR8 » Mon, 23 Feb 2015 3:20 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI4fK2yy-mE
'Dapper Laughs BEST Vine Complation 2015 ALL VINES [HD]'

British comedian, who takes on the plausible character role of a wealthy, successful, good looking and confident young man. The kind of person all of us have probably met, brimming with confidence, super-ego, in love with himself, thinks he's god's gift to man, and he gets away with it.

I've heard of the character but he's been and I suspect gone since I've been away from the UK, so it was new to me.

Some of it is audacious and hilarious. The repartee/banter/lines he uses are LOL. [Some of it is pretty quickfire, so fluent English is probably required].

He (IMHO and coincidentally re: the recent thread on Anton Casey) has the kind of indomitable ego that is often required to make a star trader. In scenes reminiscent of a believable high-achiever version of Borat... he goes and chats up dozens of girls on the street, in pubs, in bars etc. They aren't in on it, but his success-rate speaks volumes about the utility of such natural self-confident swagger...
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2131
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: Sundry humour

Postby Barnsley » Tue, 24 Feb 2015 11:22 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:I was at Jason's the other day, i was grimacing at the prices of some of the cheese they've got there.
:???: :lol:


I just trawl Cold Storage's and the Market Place Supermarkey in raffles City for discounts .... Its cheese , who cares if it runs over a few days from the "best before date"

Can get some very good stuff at half price , so the price is almost comparable to UK after that.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: Sundry humour

Postby nakatago » Tue, 24 Feb 2015 11:34 am

Barnsley wrote: if it runs over a few days from the "best before date"



It will no longer be best; just good or better than others.

:P :roll:

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Sundry humour

Postby JR8 » Tue, 24 Feb 2015 12:35 pm

Barnsley wrote:I just trawl Cold Storage's and the Market Place Supermarkey in raffles City for discounts .... Its cheese , who cares if it runs over a few days from the "best before date"

Can get some very good stuff at half price , so the price is almost comparable to UK after that.



I filled the 'FT-food basket' downtown last night too :)

Pate, jars of herring, chunk of Roquefort, smoked salmon, cured ham, and some dressed crab. That's my lunches sorted out for the next two weeks, and better/cheaper than having to buy the local interpretation of a decent $andwich. None on the above was on offer this time, though I always keep an eagle-eye out, but I did pick up a few kilos of green-lip mussels on my last trip at half-price, that are sitting in the fridge awaiting a recipe: Best-before 18th May! :cool:

I agree many Sell/Buy-before dates are arbitrary. Even bottled water and the Vatican Holy-wafers have them, which tells you how arbitrary many can be.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2131
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: Sundry humour

Postby Barnsley » Tue, 24 Feb 2015 1:17 pm

JR8 wrote:

I filled the 'FT-food basket' downtown last night too :)

Pate, jars of herring, chunk of Roquefort, smoked salmon, cured ham, and some dressed crab. That's my lunches sorted out for the next two weeks, and better/cheaper than having to buy the local interpretation of a decent $andwich. None on the above was on offer this time, though I always keep an eagle-eye out, but I did pick up a few kilos of green-lip mussels on my last trip at half-price, that are sitting in the fridge awaiting a recipe: Best-before 18th May! :cool:

I agree many Sell/Buy-before dates are arbitrary. Even bottled water and the Vatican Holy-wafers have them, which tells you how arbitrary many can be.


Roquefort was half price last week on all they had in The Market Place at Raffles City =D>
Life is short, paddle harder!!

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Sundry humour

Postby JR8 » Tue, 24 Feb 2015 2:15 pm

Barnsley wrote:Roquefort was half price last week on all they had in The Market Place at Raffles City =D>


I picked up a piece at a similar bargain-price at Cold Storage - Great World City, about two weeks ago. I hadn't bought any in a long while, since it's not cheap even back home, and hence $illy+ here.

In a sandwich it pretty much blew me away, it's that's long since I've had it. Having enjoyed that it has now entered into the realm of 'occasional must-have treat' =P~
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Sundry humour

Postby JR8 » Sat, 28 Feb 2015 3:38 pm

Angela Merkel was at Athens airport going through customs. When it was her turn to get her passport checked, the security official asked 'name?', she replied 'Merkel', he then asked 'occupation?', she replied...... 'no not this time, its just a holiday'.
'Do it or do not do it: You will regret both' - Kierkegaard


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Leisure Chat, Jokes, Rubbish”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest