Singapore Expats Forum

Conundrum

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Conundrum

Postby JR8 » Wed, 09 Jul 2014 11:33 am

Why do cars with remote/'e' car-locking have to go 'Pop-pop ... pop-pop-pop-pop-pop' rather than just 'pop', or indeed simply causing the lights to flash ?

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Wed, 09 Jul 2014 11:43 am

http://youtu.be/8IQJjm-YrRM

Sorry; can't help it. :P

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5239
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Midgar

Re: Conundrum

Postby the lynx » Wed, 09 Jul 2014 11:45 am

JR8 wrote:Why do cars with remote/'e' car-locking have to go 'Pop-pop ... pop-pop-pop-pop-pop' rather than just 'pop', or indeed simply causing the lights to flash ?


Because people with OCB will not be able to be convinced that it is truly locked :P

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Wed, 09 Jul 2014 11:46 am

nakatago wrote:http://youtu.be/8IQJjm-YrRM
Sorry; can't help it. :P


Oh how I hate you :o

:wink: :lol:

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Conundrum

Postby JR8 » Wed, 09 Jul 2014 11:53 am

the lynx wrote:
JR8 wrote:Why do cars with remote/'e' car-locking have to go 'Pop-pop ... pop-pop-pop-pop-pop' rather than just 'pop', or indeed simply causing the lights to flash ?


Because people with OCB will not be able to be convinced that it is truly locked :P


When such devices were first introduced (late 80s?) they did a couple of pops, and they were very loud. To have that on a car was an added feature and cost$. I suspect the loud drama was partly to do with showing off.

But now doesn't just about every car have such locking? So therefore what's the point if it no longer projects status, and why 7 pops when using such a thing in much of Europe would probably see you arrested for anti-social behaviour?

But then they show off 'Hello Pussy' doll collections on their dashboards, so I'm concluding here that perhaps all hopes of seeking logic are going to be fruitless lol ...

User avatar
maneo
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 724
Joined: Sat, 15 Mar 2008
Location: Titik Merah Kecil

Postby maneo » Wed, 09 Jul 2014 2:40 pm

Isn't it the cars that have a single "beep" for unlocking that have multiple "beeps" on locking?

Would agree that it would make more sense that the locking "beep" should be single and unlocking multiple.
Some cars do seem to follow this.
Others just need to be different.

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Wed, 09 Jul 2014 3:03 pm

maneo wrote:Isn't it the cars that have a single "beep" for unlocking that have multiple "beeps" on locking?


This is to help blind drivers ensure they have either locked or unlocked their cars.

HTH

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Wed, 09 Jul 2014 3:57 pm

Saint wrote:
maneo wrote:Isn't it the cars that have a single "beep" for unlocking that have multiple "beeps" on locking?


This is to help blind drivers ensure they have either locked or unlocked their cars.
HTH


Image

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5239
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Midgar

Postby the lynx » Wed, 09 Jul 2014 4:26 pm

Saint wrote:
maneo wrote:Isn't it the cars that have a single "beep" for unlocking that have multiple "beeps" on locking?


This is to help blind drivers ensure they have either locked or unlocked their cars.

HTH


:???:

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Wed, 09 Jul 2014 5:11 pm


User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Wed, 09 Jul 2014 5:15 pm

nakatago wrote:How about this sound? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C9vAxsxAdA


That Camaro, a 2014 incarnation of a 70s muscle-car. Nice.

No idea what it's 'trying to say' though.... :)

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Wed, 09 Jul 2014 6:43 pm

JR8 wrote:
nakatago wrote:How about this sound? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C9vAxsxAdA


That Camaro, a 2014 incarnation of a 70s muscle-car. Nice.

No idea what it's 'trying to say' though.... :)


http://youtu.be/L5LaTVmO5AM?t=24s

Blip-blorp.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Leisure Chat, Jokes, Rubbish”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests