Singapore Expats

PR rejected 4 times

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 10:39 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote: lived where? :-|
Not everybody knows or remembers that ZZM no longer lives in SG, but has 'gone home'. In that context the comment makes perfect sense. HTH.

p.s. Z's 'location' shows SG too, so it is a little confusing.

x9200

Re: PR rejected 4 times

Post by x9200 » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 11:11 am

ahdahboo wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
PNGMK wrote:[]

What do your aged parents back home in VN have to do with PR in Singapore? Zero benefit to them as a far as I can see?

Good luck in Sydney.
I too don't get the connection between parents in VN vs SG PR ..

anyway if OP had made a baby, the chances would have multiplied ....

To OP.

why aren't making no baby?
That is a lot of BS to begin with, we only plan to have a baby after settling down with housing and PR (you know, it allows you to work part time while taking care of your family). Forcing one to produce a baby just for the sake of getting PR is a seriously distorted point of view.

We love babies by the way, but only after we could afford our first home. We could not just produce one with me not being able to work part time on my PR and give the kid a shit life competing with everyone at school (too bad we don't meet the policy's expectation of racking millions and are happy with one and a half income)
Ecureilx is right this time – a male baby adds a lot to the chances. Yes, I realize it is rather silly to plan your family this way, but then this is all about your priorities and how serious you are about settling down in Singapore.

You didn't tell if you applied on your own merits or via family ties. If the 1st, your profile is just not what the gov wants. If the 2nd, you should have waited for at least 2 years after you got married and only then applied.

You were not a former WP holder by any chance?

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 12:14 pm

ahdahboo wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:Have any of your 'friends' from Vietnam ever had trouble at ICA and used your name or a "letter" from you to get in? Your FIN may be tainted.

Otherwise, they probably think you bought your marriage. Plenty of nice young gay Singaporean Chinese guys in that income bracket that would welcome a little supplemental income. Give it another year or two and/or a kid then try again.
Dude I don't have a lot of Vietnamese friends and they're all loaded, most only lived here for less than a year then flew off to better places. Please don't mix the educated ones with those people at Geylang. FYI people who come here to work and study are a different crowd. It's the same as a white dude saying Annabelle Chong represents the whole female population of Singapore.

You can't just use someone's name/FIN without sufficient proof or witness, ICA is not a circus (well unless... any plot twist I'm not aware of?)

We tried twice. Once after we were married, second time after a while. We're done. Anyway, the bought marriage theory makes sense, but since they bother to keep us in the dark despite this being a genuine marriage for two years, we don't have to keep coming back and begging them.
Get off the high-horse. I don't care how loaded you claim to be, I know plenty of Vietnamese in Singapore (loaded and not) who have friends/cousins/neighbor's cousins that all want to come to Singapore and will send them letters/etc so they can enter. I'm not claiming they're all hookers, but plenty just plenty of young people even that want to come as tourists and can't always enter on their own.

And if the letter has a phone number, ICA will sometimes call it and sometimes the let the person. I've done it.

ahdahboo

Post by ahdahboo » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 12:33 pm

x9200 wrote:
ahdahboo wrote:
ecureilx wrote: I too don't get the connection between parents in VN vs SG PR ..

anyway if OP had made a baby, the chances would have multiplied ....

To OP.

why aren't making no baby?
That is a lot of BS to begin with, we only plan to have a baby after settling down with housing and PR (you know, it allows you to work part time while taking care of your family). Forcing one to produce a baby just for the sake of getting PR is a seriously distorted point of view.

We love babies by the way, but only after we could afford our first home. We could not just produce one with me not being able to work part time on my PR and give the kid a shit life competing with everyone at school (too bad we don't meet the policy's expectation of racking millions and are happy with one and a half income)
Ecureilx is right this time – a male baby adds a lot to the chances. Yes, I realize it is rather silly to plan your family this way, but then this is all about your priorities and how serious you are about settling down in Singapore.

You didn't tell if you applied on your own merits or via family ties. If the 1st, your profile is just not what the gov wants. If the 2nd, you should have waited for at least 2 years after you got married and only then applied.

You were not a former WP holder by any chance?
Eh nope, typical student pass turned S pass.

I applied on twice my own merits and twice on family ties.

Actually I agreed with you and ecureilx about the baby thing, but it's just not our thing. Call us backward but to us, baby comes after stability. I don't want my child to flip noodles at his maid and not know how to use the stove.
Last edited by ahdahboo on Tue, 08 Jul 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ahdahboo

Post by ahdahboo » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 12:36 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
ahdahboo wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:Have any of your 'friends' from Vietnam ever had trouble at ICA and used your name or a "letter" from you to get in? Your FIN may be tainted.

Otherwise, they probably think you bought your marriage. Plenty of nice young gay Singaporean Chinese guys in that income bracket that would welcome a little supplemental income. Give it another year or two and/or a kid then try again.
Dude I don't have a lot of Vietnamese friends and they're all loaded, most only lived here for less than a year then flew off to better places. Please don't mix the educated ones with those people at Geylang. FYI people who come here to work and study are a different crowd. It's the same as a white dude saying Annabelle Chong represents the whole female population of Singapore.

You can't just use someone's name/FIN without sufficient proof or witness, ICA is not a circus (well unless... any plot twist I'm not aware of?)

We tried twice. Once after we were married, second time after a while. We're done. Anyway, the bought marriage theory makes sense, but since they bother to keep us in the dark despite this being a genuine marriage for two years, we don't have to keep coming back and begging them.
Get off the high-horse. I don't care how loaded you claim to be, I know plenty of Vietnamese in Singapore (loaded and not) who have friends/cousins/neighbor's cousins that all want to come to Singapore and will send them letters/etc so they can enter. I'm not claiming they're all hookers, but plenty just plenty of young people even that want to come as tourists and can't always enter on their own.

And if the letter has a phone number, ICA will sometimes call it and sometimes the let the person. I've done it.
Dude I never once claimed I was loaded, you seriously need to read my post carefully and not jump into your own conclusion.

Like I said, you're just generalizing people and basically repeating what I said earlier. People are not the same yadayadayada some exeptions yadayadayada

martincymru
Reporter
Reporter

Post by martincymru » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 12:55 pm

My friend got rejected last week.

Works for major bank, male, 40 16k salary month.

As for me aged 57, contracts engineer, good salary also rejected. Too old I have been told.

Funny old world isn't it.
//
Gahman will never reveal criteria but the question remains who is the person who tweaks the criteria? In other words who has the finger on the yes/no button? Maybe it's a committee (is there such a thing in Asia?)

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 1:16 pm

martincymru wrote:My friend got rejected last week.

Works for major bank, male, 40 16k salary month.

As for me aged 57, contracts engineer, good salary also rejected. Too old I have been told.

Funny old world isn't it.
//
Gahman will never reveal criteria but the question remains who is the person who tweaks the criteria? In other words who has the finger on the yes/no button? Maybe it's a committee (is there such a thing in Asia?)
How long have you and your friend stayed in Singapore?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 1:29 pm

ahdahboo wrote: Eh nope, typical student pass turned S pass.

Actually I agreed with you and ecureilx about the baby thing, but it's just not our thing. Call us backward but to us, baby comes after stability. I don't want my child to flip noodles at his maid and not know how to use the stove.
No worry, it wouldn't be our way neither. Just a pragmatic calculation for a sake of this discussion. Personally, if I were in your shoes I would also do the same and go somewhere else. It is only shocking, they do things like this to their own citizens.

martincymru
Reporter
Reporter

Post by martincymru » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 1:51 pm

Lynx,

me 7 years, friend 3.

Until the points based criteria is public knowledge anybody's guess.

Anyone working in said department care to post the criteria?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 1:56 pm

martincymru wrote:Anyone working in said department care to post the criteria?
Government workers come under the Official Secrets Act.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 2:51 pm

JR8 wrote:
I doubt any single individual except perhaps someone at the top knows all the criteria. I see a long line of rubber stampers and checks with a computer database with hidden algorithms.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 3:57 pm

PNGMK wrote:
JR8 wrote:
I doubt any single individual except perhaps someone at the top knows all the criteria. I see a long line of rubber stampers and checks with a computer database with hidden algorithms.
Yes, I'm quite sure it's a simple algorithm, with points added or taken away for your potential value to SG. There'll be insiders who have a feel for the workings of it, but the ACTUAL 'code' is going to be something highly confidential - and for obvious reasons.

ahdahboo

Post by ahdahboo » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 5:52 pm

x9200 wrote:
ahdahboo wrote: Eh nope, typical student pass turned S pass.

No worry, it wouldn't be our way neither. Just a pragmatic calculation for a sake of this discussion. Personally, if I were in your shoes I would also do the same and go somewhere else. It is only shocking, they do things like this to their own citizens.
Exactly my sentiments, why are they so cruel to do such things to their own citizens? To families, really?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 6:05 pm

Er.... 'micro-managed social experiment'... seeking to create a version of a Utopia ?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 7:30 pm

JR8 wrote:Er.... 'micro-managed social experiment'... seeking to create a version of a Utopia ?
+1. You are referring to a country that was set up by a man who is an outspoken fan of Eugenics and Social Engineering.