Singapore Expats

PR rejected 4 times

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ahdahboo

PR rejected 4 times

Post by ahdahboo » Mon, 07 Jul 2014 5:34 pm

Hi all,

At this point I'm just adding to the statistics. So basically I've been here for seven years, annual income 50k on S pass. I'm married to a Singaporean Chinese but the biggie is I'm holding a Vietnamese passport. He earns about 70k which translatse to a household income of 120k. We've been married for two years and in a de facto relationship for two years before that. Both of us are degree holders, I'm 27, he's 31, in prime years of our life.

Rejected 4 times, no reason indicated. Well I shouldn't have kept my hopes of clamping roots here up too high.

I strongly believe a clear guideline on PR lottery should be published as this whole thing does seem like a wild goose chase to us. This is frustrating and very family unfriendly, so we've taken a bold step and bid farewell to all this tarantantee. It is not about PR approval, it is about fair and transparent practice to all residents alike. It is indeed shady to not lift the curtains up and let those who have been pooled since forever, not knowing if they will ever make it (too much poetry? pardon me)

We're moving to Sydney next year. We'll spend our money somewhere else that welcomes us as a family.

nakatago

Re: PR rejected 4 times

Post by nakatago » Mon, 07 Jul 2014 5:38 pm

ahdahboo wrote:It is not about PR approval, it is about fair and transparent practice to all residents alike. It is indeed shady to not lift the curtains up and let those who have been pooled since forever, not knowing if they will ever make it (too much poetry? pardon me).
It was never about fairness in the first place.

It's about what the gahmen wants. And what the gahmen wants is high-earning people who will settle down and contribute to the racial quotas that they want and keeping the criteria for those secret so that no one can complain about them "breaking the rules." Publishing the rules means that people can game the system and gahmen doesn't want anyone "outsmarting" them.

No one can outsmart them if no one knows the "rules."
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

ahdahboo

Post by ahdahboo » Mon, 07 Jul 2014 5:42 pm

nakatago wrote:
ahdahboo wrote:It is not about PR approval, it is about fair and transparent practice to all residents alike. It is indeed shady to not lift the curtains up and let those who have been pooled since forever, not knowing if they will ever make it (too much poetry? pardon me).

It's about what the gahmen wants. And what the gahmen wants is high-earning people who will settle down and contribute to the racial quotas that they want and keeping the criteria for those secret so that no one can complain about them "breaking the rules." Publishing the rules means that people can game the system and gahmen doesn't want anyone "outsmarting" them.

I know la... I also no gahmen comprain also no use one :p comprain only mah...

I only insisted on Singapore PR because of my aged parents back home, or I would have fled a long time ago...

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 12:53 am

ahdahboo wrote:
nakatago wrote:

I know la... I also no gahmen comprain also no use one :p comprain only mah...

I only insisted on Singapore PR because of my aged parents back home, or I would have fled a long time ago...
What do your aged parents back home in VN have to do with PR in Singapore? Zero benefit to them as a far as I can see?

Good luck in Sydney.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 7:19 am

PNGMK wrote:[]

What do your aged parents back home in VN have to do with PR in Singapore? Zero benefit to them as a far as I can see?

Good luck in Sydney.
I too don't get the connection between parents in VN vs SG PR ..

anyway if OP had made a baby, the chances would have multiplied ....

To OP.

why aren't making no baby?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 7:47 am

Probably the closeness to Singapore, they can make weekend flights back to VN easily and inexpensively. Same reason a lot of the Indians who worked in the US like to try to score a spot in Singapore. Gets them close without having to actually living there.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 7:58 am

Have any of your 'friends' from Vietnam ever had trouble at ICA and used your name or a "letter" from you to get in? Your FIN may be tainted.

Otherwise, they probably think you bought your marriage. Plenty of nice young gay Singaporean Chinese guys in that income bracket that would welcome a little supplemental income. Give it another year or two and/or a kid then try again.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 7:59 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Probably the closeness to Singapore, they can make weekend flights back to VN easily and inexpensively. Same reason a lot of the Indians who worked in the US like to try to score a spot in Singapore. Gets them close without having to actually living there.
It's why I lived there, and would possibly again in the future.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 8:24 am

:)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 8:33 am

zzm9980 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Probably the closeness to Singapore, they can make weekend flights back to VN easily and inexpensively. Same reason a lot of the Indians who worked in the US like to try to score a spot in Singapore. Gets them close without having to actually living there.
lived where? :-|
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 8:35 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:
lived where? :-|

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 8:40 am

zzm9980 wrote:
You know that that empty chair at The Juban Stand is always be available for you :P

ahdahboo

Post by ahdahboo » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 10:24 am

ecureilx wrote:
PNGMK wrote:[]

Good luck in Sydney.
I too don't get the connection between parents in VN vs SG PR ..

anyway if OP had made a baby, the chances would have multiplied ....

To OP.

why aren't making no baby?
That is a lot of BS to begin with, we only plan to have a baby after settling down with housing and PR (you know, it allows you to work part time while taking care of your family). Forcing one to produce a baby just for the sake of getting PR is a seriously distorted point of view.

We love babies by the way, but only after we could afford our first home. We could not just produce one with me not being able to work part time on my PR and give the kid a shit life competing with everyone at school (too bad we don't meet the policy's expectation of racking millions and are happy with one and a half income)

ahdahboo

Post by ahdahboo » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 10:25 am

*Ding ding* you got it right

ahdahboo

Post by ahdahboo » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 10:34 am

zzm9980 wrote:Have any of your 'friends' from Vietnam ever had trouble at ICA and used your name or a "letter" from you to get in? Your FIN may be tainted.

Otherwise, they probably think you bought your marriage. Plenty of nice young gay Singaporean Chinese guys in that income bracket that would welcome a little supplemental income. Give it another year or two and/or a kid then try again.
Dude I don't have a lot of Vietnamese friends and they're all loaded, most only lived here for less than a year then flew off to better places. Please don't mix the educated ones with those people at Geylang. FYI people who come here to work and study are a different crowd. It's the same as a white dude saying Annabelle Chong represents the whole female population of Singapore.

You can't just use someone's name/FIN without sufficient proof or witness, ICA is not a circus (well unless... any plot twist I'm not aware of?)

We tried twice. Once after we were married, second time after a while. We're done. Anyway, the bought marriage theory makes sense, but since they bother to keep us in the dark despite this being a genuine marriage for two years, we don't have to keep coming back and begging them.